General Category > Branson Talk

Spirit of 76 Project

(1/11) > >>

shavethewhales:
As we've discussed in scattered threads, a revitalization of the famous 76 strip has been proposed and is now in the initial stages of being implemented.

It looks like the first stage has finally been approved: http://www.bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_72ea2b76-f5b6-11e4-b5dd-f3776095f530.html?mode=story

The beautification features will be nice, but it remains to be seen if they will go all the way and be able to implement a public transportation solution (trams) and actually make the strip walkable.

History Buff:
I'm eager to see some of this.  It sounds as if several businesses are on board, and that indicates it is a community effort.

As I've stated about SDC's evolving multi-theme, it's interesting that Branson's stated values are music, family fun, Ozark heritage, patriotism, veterans, and natural beauty.

runner1960:

--- Quote from: History Buff on May 11, 2015, 03:44:11 PM ---I

As I've stated about SDC's evolving multi-theme, it's interesting that Branson's stated values are music, family fun, Ozark heritage, patriotism, veterans, and natural beauty.

--- End quote ---

That just is not going to draw the millennial crowd. Branson target demographic is dying off. They are going to need to change tactics to survive against more aggressive competition.

Swoosh:
The theming of areas of the strip is not the answer to Branson's problems.  It is simply the answer to a question that has not been posed. 

If you want to know the answer, look at Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge

chittlins:

--- Quote from: Swoosh on May 11, 2015, 10:13:17 PM ---The theming of areas of the strip is not the answer to Branson's problems.  It is simply the answer to a question that has not been posed. 

If you want to know the answer, look at Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version