Author Topic: FITH "Man in the rock"  (Read 2022 times)

W.P. Warburton

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • "It's a Rockslide....Look Out Below!"
    • View Profile
FITH "Man in the rock"
« on: May 04, 2015, 09:10:36 AM »
Awhile back I viewed a pic inside of FITH that showed the resemblance of a man's face in the artificial rock veneer of  FITH. I was fascinated by the construction team's creativity displayed in this ride due to my past experience of contracting. I've been looking for this detail for quite some time since I viewed the pic, and I finally found it yesterday right before park closing. In my joy I told the family about it so we rushed to get one final ride so I could point it out to them. I pointed it out to my daughters who are 9 and 10 and hardcore .FITH and SDC fans already, they said it totally creeped them out, lol! I won't disclose location, I feel it adds to the mystique of the ride, so keep a sharp eye!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 03:16:31 PM by W.P. Warburton »

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: FITH "Man in the rock"
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 02:08:30 PM »
Come on, please tell!!!

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
Re: FITH "Man in the rock"
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 08:05:48 PM »
When AP debuted in 1981, the old cave had several ghost like faces in the rocks. It was a cool effect. After a few years, they were taken out, but I don't know why. Maybe they put one of those faces at FITH, but again, I don't know. Don't tell us where it is I live the hunt. (Ever search for hidden Mickeys at Disney?)
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"