Silver Dollar City & Celebration City Discussion > White Water Discussion

Your Ideas For White Water

(1/8) > >>

Tmboote:
We have a thread for attraction ideas at SDC, so I thought why not have this thread for White Water also. Also, we haven't done any White Water discussions since August 2014.

Post any ideas you have for rides or other developments that you would like to see happen  at White Water. Also, you can post anything that you don't want to see happen at the park.

Tmboote:
I think the current land that White Water sits on is too small for everything that I want to see at the park. I think that what the park has currently is good,  but not good enough to keep people coming for years and years. I haven't ridden Kapau Plummet because I wasn't at WW at all last season, I liked Bermuda Triangle though.

I think WW should change some of the things that they have. Ohana Falls is short compared to most family slides and I would love to see them make the slide longer. The waves in the wave pool are weak and I would like to see them make them higher. The Lazy River and their other slides (I don't have an opinion on Kapau Plummet) are fine.

As for new things, I would like a pool for just swimming and relaxing without the waves or current and maybe a kayaking/canoeing pool like Oceans of Fun has. (I understand they don't currently have enough room for these things.)

Things they shouldn't do: pools with swim-up bars like some parks have and going away from the theme of WW, even though it isn't as big of a deal as SDC's theming, it is still important.

runner1960:
I agree the current WW land is not sufficient for growth. Rebuild entirely at the old CC site. Look at most of the world class parks going in and model after them. Blizzard beach's speed slides with the wave river concept from Schlit. They could also use some of the old CC site for winter ice skating and snow skiing venues.

History Buff:
Of course, this is just me, but I would re-theme the whole thing.  The tropical thing is so overdone.  Disney has proven they can take the most challenging of stories and make a good theme out of it.  How about mining with slides that plummet through mine shafts and watercoasters that explode upward?  How about local fishing and outdoor theme with aquaria and terraria mixed throughout?  How about a swimming hole theme?  Surely we can come up with something better than a tropical beach.  It needs to be one-of-a-kind if it wants to attract a crowd.

Junior, too!:
The slogan for WW in 1980 was "all the fun of the old swimming hole."  Initally WW had a rustic look, with most flume and pool surfaves painted brown, and buildings with board and batten siding and rusty tin rooflines. The mascot for WW that year was a beaver named Wally Whitewater. So they did an Ozark theme for the first few years they were open. The beach within reach theme came later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version