Author Topic: World-Fest and crowds?  (Read 3580 times)

themeparkgeek

• View Profile
World-Fest and crowds?
« on: April 10, 2015, 10:28:04 AM »
My boyfriend and I are headed to World-Fest tomorrow for the first time, and opening weekend this year was the first time either of us had been to SDC in over 15 years. With the grand opening ceremonies for Fireman's Landing and the first weekend of World-Fest, how bad should we expect crowds to be? We'll probably skip Fireman's Landing this trip but still want to take in plenty of the rest of the park. We'd love to see Stix on Steel and Island Fire. How early should we plan to get to theaters before the show start times?

Also, a big thank you to everyone on the board for all of their tips and thoughts! I've been lurking on this board the last couple of months and have gotten a lot of helpful information from everyone. Thanks!

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: World-Fest and crowds?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 07:11:31 PM »
Well, this might be a little late, but I would have said be line to Island Fire 1 hour before they open the doors (they open riverfront's doors 15 minutes before the show). All indoor shows start getting long lines by 15-30 minutes before the doors open. For outdoor shows, like Stix because it is at Dockside, get there 30 minutes before the show. 15 minutes before is when most people will arrive.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 03:17:02 PM »
It is absolutely packed today
SWOOSH

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 06:45:26 PM »
It is absolutely packed today

Is today the first day they are open 9:30-7:00?

W.P. Warburton

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • "It's a Rockslide....Look Out Below!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 09:55:10 PM »
60 bus loads of band kids today! Swoosh hit the nail on the head, hopefully tomorrow lines will be a little lighter

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 11:51:08 PM »
No. The park extended hours to 7 but it was originally a 6 close.  World Fest ends tomorrow.  This year World Fest had been packed.  Usually it is a lighter attendance festival. 
SWOOSH

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 09:19:59 PM »
Yes it was crazy busy yesterday,  and today for a Sunday was busy as well. We were there at opening yesterday and today, and the opening today was one of the busiest I've seen for a Sunday.  I'm guessing because it was the last day of world fest maybe.

ithai

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2015, 08:47:34 AM »
This is the first World Fest I wasn't easily able to attend the shows. I didn't mind it all that much since the kids had fun anyway. What really blew me away on sunday was the long wait times for thunderation. I actually walked away from that ride when I saw how far back down the stairs the line was. Here is hoping the bluegrass and bbq fest will be lighter attended.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2015, 05:46:54 PM »
Not usually. BBQ has been busier than World Fest the past few years.  Though I cannot remember World Fest ever being as busy as it has been this year.
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2015, 07:14:47 PM »
Was busy this year, I am sure the excellent weather so far this year, along with the new area has been a big help...  Ready for BBQ though!.