Author Topic: World Fest  (Read 3635 times)

Alys67

• View Profile
World Fest
« on: March 25, 2015, 04:14:57 PM »
Hi! I just bought a SDC season pass, and I'm really excited about the upcoming season. I haven't been in over a decade. I would like to visit World Fest at least twice. I would appreciate any tips. What dates would be the least crowded? How early would you recommend arriving to miss Branson traffic? What are your favorite things to do/see in SDC/ Branson in April? Is the show lovers pass necessary for shows like Cirque Du Soleil? Thanks!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: World Fest
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 06:45:43 PM »
Questions #1--   Wed-Thursday would be premium days to go, next Friday, next sunday,  then sat last......
               #2      Be there at opening, so you can see the flag raising ceremony, will miss most traffic then.
                #3     Too much to see, great shows,, The Haygoods, Grand Country, Go-carts? Colleg of Ozarks museum,  lots of stuff to do
                #4     Wont need Show Lovers pass if you go on wed/Thursday..

Congrats on joining our little group, Have fun...

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 09:42:15 PM »
Come on the 11th.  My band performs at 8:40am on the square. :)
SWOOSH

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 01:29:11 AM »
We will be there the 11th and 12th, look forward to seeing your band swoosh

Alys67

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 09:13:08 PM »
Thanks for the advice sanddunerunner! Can't wait for my visit. :) Not sure if I'll be there on the 11th, swoosh, if your band is playing on any other dates please post them on here. It would be great to see!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 09:26:33 PM »
Nope, unfortunately we'll only be there on the 11th.  Can't have "too much of a good thing" for high school kids.  lol
SWOOSH

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 06:54:42 PM »
Saturdays are usually the most crowded, the weather is good, attendance might be double it will be for other days. If saturday weather is bad, everybody will be there Sunday, but Sunday is usually not crowded. All weekdays usually have the least amount of people because most adults have to work, except Friday. Friday might be in between Saturday and Sunday.

Show lovers pass and Trailblazer Pass are rip offs. If you want short-ish to very short lines, usually avoid Saturday. I strongly recommend you get to all shows that you want to see, 60 minutes before the doors open, this way you will be the first one in line and you will have first choice of seats. Getting there 60 minutes before the show might be too late. If there are no doors, get there 30 minutes before the show.

ALWAYS start driving to SDC 1 hour before the chain drop. It takes about 30 minutes to: drive out there, find a good parking spot, get on the tram, get thru the turnstiles, and get to the chain. 30 minutes before the chain drop is when everybody starts forming a line/crowd.

I will be seeing Stix on Steel, because I miss the steel drums, and Cirque Zuma Zuma because I miss the Acrobats and always love acrobatics. Everybody says that Island Fire is ALWAYS the best because of the World Champion Fire Kinfe Juggler. YOU NEED TO SEE THAT!!!

In Branson, Grand Country shows are THE BEST in Branson, BY FAR! Amazing Pets, Comedy Jamboree and Grand Jubilee. Comedy jamboree and Grand Jubilee are the 2 best shows anywhere around Branson. I can not choose which one is my favorite. They pull in a lot of money in those shows because no other show has the EXCITEMENT and ENERGY, which is what you look for in a Branson Show! Those 2 shows always please your whole family. DONT MISS THESE SHOWS! Take advantage of all the discounts they have, like show coupons in the Best Read Guide and $10 off your next show ticket when you show your last show ticket. You also get Buy 1 get 1 half off at both Grand Country Buffets.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 06:58:29 PM by Laroy »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 06:16:10 PM »
Laroy,

Thanks for basically agreeing with what I said. ::)

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 09:55:55 PM »
Well I was saying that in a different way from you and saying precisely which shows are the best, in my own way, but okay. Haha!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 09:56:55 PM by Laroy »