Author Topic: april crowds?  (Read 3706 times)

coasterdad

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
april crowds?
« on: March 14, 2015, 05:15:32 PM »
my family will be in town April 16-20 any idea about crowd #s this time of year? this is our first trip to the city and we want to make the most of it. We have 2 day passes but will likely only spend a day and a half at the park. also any other insider tips would be helpful, I usually purchase flash passes when we go to SFOT because the lines/people are unbearable(good idea or not?). thanks in advance y'all
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 11:02:57 AM by coasterdad »

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: april crowds?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 01:04:02 PM »
My experience with April crowds is that they're fairly light. Sundays are a great day to go; crowds are lighter than Friday or Saturday.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 03:11:43 PM »
my family will be in town April 16-20 any idea about crowd #s this time of year? this is our first trip to the city and we want to make the most of it. We have 2 day passes but will likely only spend a day and a half at the park. also any other insider tips would be helpful, I usually purchase flash passes when we go to SFOT because the lines/people are unbearable(good idea or not?). thanks in advance y'all

What is your definition of unbearable?

20 minutes or 45 minutes?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 04:58:45 PM »
World Fest has some of the shortest ride lines of the season.  The lines for the shows, however will be longer.  They are bringing an African "Cirque" style show this year and I imagine that if it is anything Like Mother Africa from Dollywood last year, it will be quite popular. 
SWOOSH

coasterdad

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 05:17:52 PM »

What is your definition of unbearable?

20 minutes or 45 minutes?
To me anything over 35-40 min is worth buying a flash pass, we don't have much time there so I would like to make the most of it and optimize our ride time
    thanks again y'all

CaptainTom

• View Profile
    • CaptainTom's YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 03:45:28 PM »
I personally would NOT get the Trailblazer passes. SDC is just like any other park, a little planning and getting there early will set the tone of your day.

Here is what we do.....

Get to park an hour early and eat breakfast or grab a cinnamon roll, hang out at the chain drop, go down Hill street, hit Outlaw Run, Wildfire, and Powder Keg (I like that order, but prolly doesn't matter), at this point start hitting whatever other rides top your list (Barn swing, Thunderation, Lost River, American Plunge, Flooded Mine, and the train top our lists), being April you can prolly save the water rides after everything else. 75% of the time we have all our top rides done by noon to 1pm and then have a nice lunch and have the rest of the day to hit shows/demonstrations or some of the less popular rides.

I'd try this first and then make the call on the second day. I bet the second day you again won't need to buy them and just use day 2 to reride favorites. April is generally pretty easy.

Good Luck! Let us know how it works out for you!
We love Universal, Disney, Six Flags, and especially Silver Dollar City. Theme Park junkies!

coasterdad

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 06:20:55 PM »
Thanks for the tips Captain Tom. We had an absolute blast on our trip. hit the park on Friday per your suggestion and even though it was almost 11 when we arrived it had rained most of the morning and the crowds had thinned out. We got to enjoy the park with low crowds. SDC is my new favorite theme park hands down.

CaptainTom

• View Profile
    • CaptainTom's YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 02:21:22 AM »
Glad you enjoyed this great park! We are heading down this weekend (24th-26th) with 4 teen girls, so I pray the crowds aren't too big for them. Already have 2 Six Flags St. Louis trips under our belts for April with a ton of success of light crowds and short wait times, so I hope this trend continues at SDC!
We love Universal, Disney, Six Flags, and especially Silver Dollar City. Theme Park junkies!