Author Topic: 2015 Trip Reviews  (Read 70617 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Trip Reviews
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2015, 07:22:33 PM »
YEs,  I forgot about that part,  last sunday we left about 1 to go do the SHowboat,,,

Traffic was backed up to 465,  And keep in mind there were only about 15,000 at the park that day

So much for that "newly designed" 1/2 mile of hiway to eliminate congestion ::) ::)

it needs to be 4 lane all the way to the light with two left turn lanes, period end of store and that is even if a completed Ozark Highland Road complete. It's been the major knock on Branson for years, the traffic. I can get back in the wayback  machine and show you how Pigeon Forge and Branson was in 1980 and compare to how there are now and you wonder why one left the other in the dust.

W.P. Warburton

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • "It's a Rockslide....Look Out Below!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2015, 08:23:59 PM »
Be there for YCW, I am sure that weekend will be super crowded, can't imagine it being more crowded than the day after opening day, waited in line for flooded mine have not done that in awhile, fire in the hole line almost stretched to the saloon, glad to see younger generations still find these classics relevant, bought six seasons passes again this year and have guest vouchers out the patooie will post dates we will be there on meet up thread if anyone is interested in them

CaptainTom

• View Profile
    • CaptainTom's YouTube Channel
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2015, 02:04:43 PM »
Went opening weekend due to a busted fishing trip and got season passes for me, my wife, and two teen girls. Took lots of pics and some videos that I will post here. Enjoy.

Opening Day Town Square https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8_xoe6Ko9E

Opening Day Outlaw Run, Wildfire rides, more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB7Dp75aQcg

Day 2 Fireman's Landing, Grand Exposition, more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNZiw7UDY6o

Day 2 Powder Keg, Fire in the Hole, more misc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FFm4WBMEM8
We love Universal, Disney, Six Flags, and especially Silver Dollar City. Theme Park junkies!

CaptainTom

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2015, 02:12:25 PM »
More pics.......

We love Universal, Disney, Six Flags, and especially Silver Dollar City. Theme Park junkies!

CaptainTom

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2015, 02:38:45 PM »
Even MORE pics......

CaptainTom

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2015, 02:50:14 PM »
LAST ones.....I promise!!!

CaptainTom

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2015, 02:52:19 PM »
And finally.....here are the sloppy park videos.....pardon my poor editing.......

Opening Day Town Square https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8_xoe6Ko9E

Opening Day Outlaw Run, Wildfire rides, more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB7Dp75aQcg

Day 2 Fireman's Landing, Grand Exposition, more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNZiw7UDY6o

Day 2 Powder Keg, Fire in the Hole, more misc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FFm4WBMEM8

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2015, 04:58:35 PM »
Thanks for the pics Captain Tom and welcome to the board!  That was a great idea posting pics of menu boards and prices- very helpful for newbies to this site to let them know around what they'll pay for meals and snacks.
I'm Your Huckleberry

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2015, 05:21:43 PM »
Welcome Capt. Tom, enjoyed the photos and videos.
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2015, 09:24:01 PM »
We went to Branson for two nights, just my husband and me.  We stayed at Classic Motor Inn for the first time, and we will certainly add it to the rotation for us.  Our room had laminate flooring.  I don't know if they all do, but that was kind of nice!

Anyway, we went to the City on Thursday, March 19.  We went in at about 1:00 after a lunch at Chili's.  We decided to to preferred parking, even though it didn't look too busy.  We just didn't feel like parking in any of the lots across the road, and that's where they were parking.

Strangely, we didn't ride any rides for spring rides days.  My husband and I were just happy to walk around and explore this whole trip and take things at a pace that one usually can't with a preschooler.  At Guest Relations, we bought last year's season pass ornament.  We seldom get all the credits anymore, so we just purchase one the following spring.

We strolled along and checked out the the new Fireman Landing area.  We bought our youngest a Lucky tee shirt in the new toy store.  She loves it!  We were able to visit the candy shop and the Christmas shop.  We took our time looking around and made some purchases.  We also got a loaf of cinnamon bread in the mill.  Yum!  Besides the hospitality house and the marketplace, those were the only shops we went in.  I didn't notice what other places were open, but most are closed until sometime in April.

We probably left around 3:00 and then headed to Branson Landing and Tanger for the Disney Store. It was nice to just get a fix of SDC.  Next time, we'll ride more and see some shows.  I'm looking forward to Worldfest for the first time in a few years.  It was a nice peaceful time; just what this teacher needed!

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2015, 09:19:08 AM »
We were in the city Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. On Friday we arrived at noon and got to ride TNT, OR, WF, Barn Swing, and we spent time in FL.

On Saturday, the park was really busy and we didn't get there until 2 (I heard someone say they had close to 20,000 people that day). We had to wait over a half hour for everything and got to ride PK, TNT, Magnificent Wave Carousal, Barn Swing, Lost River, and FiTH. I noticed a lot of theming stuff I've never seen before while we were waiting.

Yesterday the park wasn't very busy and we got to ride all the coasters, Electro Spin, Barn Swing, and Magnificent Wave Carousal. We were going to ride FiTH before we left but it was closed. So I wonder what was wrong with that I've never seen that ride close before.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2015, 09:56:43 AM »
What a great weekend it sounds like you had, Timboote..

Yes there were 20,000 there on sat,, and about a little over 10,000 on sunday...  not sure about numbers w-t-f,  BUT  the PTB has to be happy with this years start!!.

AND another nice weekend predicted for YCW, this week...

kurtbach

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2015, 11:47:24 AM »
Thanks for the great pics and report, CaptainTom!  Awesome idea including the menu boards to show prices. 

From one "newbie" to another, welcome to the forum!!   ;D

CaptainTom

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2015, 01:17:12 PM »
Thanks All for the welcome and comments on the pics. I only posted maybe half of what I have and I will go thru the rest to see if I have more menu boards and prices since those seem to be the most popular. I'm sure I have a bunch more!  ;D

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2015, 01:34:38 PM »
Reading all these trip reviews make me ache to be at the park...in July
Colorado SDC Fan