Author Topic: Blue Collar Comedy Theme Park?  (Read 3719 times)

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
Blue Collar Comedy Theme Park?
« on: February 04, 2015, 03:12:06 PM »
Saw some blurb on the Web about Jeff Foxwothy, Bill Engvall, and Larry the Cable Guy investing in a Foley, Alabama $200 million theme park project. Allegedly Tony Orlando has something to do with it, too. The Foley mayor said publicly it would be  a Branson and Six Flags type melding. Foxworthy would have a steak house, Engvall a fish joint, and Larry would have a rib place. Anyone hear what this is about? Swoosh, Shave?
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Blue Collar Comedy Theme Park?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 03:56:07 PM »
528 acres, former Six Flags person is helping develop it, Tony Orlando is an invester,  it will have rides, restaurants and shops, and Foley is on the gulf coast. There is a Lambert's Cafe in Foley already, been there many years. Sounded like they want to open this year, maybe June or July.

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 06:39:53 PM »
Is the theme going to have anything to go with Blue Collar or are they just investing?
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 06:46:07 PM »
I'll be honest, I am a little behind on the "non-local" amusement industry news.  I'm in the thick of preparing for District Music Contests and other than news blurbs that have popped up - I don't have much insight on it.

From what I can gather it sounds something like what they did in Galveston but with a few entertainment buildings thrown in for good measure.
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 09:49:20 PM »
I haven't kept up with this one, but I do remember hearing about it. I didn't think the idea would ultimately stay alive, but apparently it has. Some of their original ideas were a little far-fetched, but it sounds like the concept is still being pushed around with some actually industry credit and money behind it. I think it'll ultimately become something, but could be more Branson's Landing like than a traditional theme park. Maybe kinda like Orlando's Old Town?

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 12:00:11 AM »
I haven't kept up with this one, but I do remember hearing about it. I didn't think the idea would ultimately stay alive, but apparently it has. Some of their original ideas were a little far-fetched, but it sounds like the concept is still being pushed around with some actually industry credit and money behind it. I think it'll ultimately become something, but could be more Branson's Landing like than a traditional theme park. Maybe kinda like Orlando's Old Town?

I read where Old Town ditched their rides, Ceded that over to Funspot. We are an evolution of FEC's with carts and such to small scale,full on Amusement Parks. I'm sure many will fail at this but it shows a refocus on "local."

We had an interesting conversation the other day on something you'd like to try and wish lists for things here locally.

Fayetteville still has a viable drive in, it's only a single screen and they got a bit of lash back when they went to a "per person" admission fee two years back. They are real good at often pairing first run kids movies together or showing a kids movie into a Marvel movie and some weekends, it's pure adult stuff. Anyhoo, they have the area of the old second screen still sitting there. See the attachment and elementary MS Paint skillz, Why not go for a nice water park. Use the old orientation of the screen  for the a wave pool and even erect a full size screen for dive in movies. Add in a couple of slide complexes that offer lots of bang for the footprint like a Proslide Ridehouse  and one of wave rivers

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 04:26:58 AM »
It appears the park is to be called BLUE COLLAR COUNTRY. It does appear from some Internet stuff I saw dirt has moved. Don't know anything else.