Author Topic: looking for a former SDC employee  (Read 2607 times)

sarahdickson

• View Profile
looking for a former SDC employee
« on: January 29, 2015, 09:45:17 AM »
This is a little weird but its the only place that I thought I might find anything close to what im looking for. Everyone has those vivid childhood memories they will never forget.
 When I was a kid, we camped every summer at sdc campground (now the wilderness campground) and one summer in the mid 1990s (I was young and my mom thinks it was 94 or 95) we were camping there in the tent section, roasting marshmellows and my little brother threw a handfull of the pea gravels into the fire and one popped out and hit him in the face, and there was a couple staying in a tiny barn/cabin directly across from us,  who rushed over to check on him. Turned out the lady was a nurse who worked for SDC and they were super nice people ovet the rest of that week they checked on my brother and visited with us quite a bit. I know its been over 20 years ago but I've never forgot them. Hoping someone on this site knows them, knows of them, or even better, if they happen to be on this site themselves. 
Thanks to anyone who reads this  :)

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: looking for a former SDC employee
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 01:14:05 PM »
I don't know who you are talking about, but is it crazy to say that I remember hearing about this?!  My parents heard about it at the pool and lectured us all about not throwing rocks in the fire.  Lol!