Author Topic: Season pass ordering problems  (Read 10047 times)

Hatfield McCoy

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Re: Season pass ordering problems
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2015, 01:01:57 AM »
I had trouble also trying to order online.  We were ordering six passes and would make it to the confirmation page before being instructed to call. 

When I called, the sales person said that they thought it was due to a glitch when trying to order the parking pass.  She thought they were having trouble when people checked the parking pass option.  They were very helpful and it was probably easier than ordering online in the end. 

Also, the "convenience" fee for ordering online is really outdated.  I get a chuckle when I see that dinosaur tacked on at the final stages of a purchase.  It should be called the "We can't stand the thought of paying the credit card fee, even though it is nearly the universal way of paying for anything in the 21st century....fee". 

Hollwood

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2015, 06:25:03 AM »
That fee is actually used for web site maintenence. Contrary to popular belief web sites are not free to make, update, or operate daily, and the fee you pay monthly for Internet goes to your service provider and not the sites you visit.

Hatfield McCoy

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2015, 05:48:35 PM »
That fee is actually used for web site maintenence. Contrary to popular belief web sites are not free to make, update, or operate daily, and the fee you pay monthly for Internet goes to your service provider and not the sites you visit.

I am VERY familiar that websites aren't free to create or maintain due to the business that I am in.

I also don't think that is a "popular" belief.   Sheesh.  Is their really anyone out there that believes that "fee you pay monthly" goes to the websites and not the provider?   

I also stand by my "dinosaur" comment.  Imagine a "convenience" fee on Amazon, Netflix, or Joe "the plummer".  Websites are just a cost of doing business in the internet age.  Also, at $7.00 a pop, that must be some amazing website to maintain.  One that might even be able to complete an order....conveniently.  ;D

Just my observation on season pass ordering.

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2015, 06:02:44 PM »
I did not have any add ons. I also tried many times without success, so it must have been some glitch. I agree with your assessment  of the "convenience fee" as well.  Especially after this fiasco. There was nothing convenient about it.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

misskim

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2015, 06:38:55 AM »
The cost to run a website should be part of a company's budget -- advertising, etc. A convenience fee is generally tacked on to cover credit card fees, the cost of printing the pass, and paying someone to put them in an envelope and cover postage to send the passes. It's stupid and they should just be happy people are buying season passes and if anything, build that convenience fee into the cost of the pass rather than tacking on an extra fee. Or tack on the extra fee and use it to update their site. The stories here are ridiculous for a company that wants people to buy season passes but then has a website that doesn't work consistently.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2015, 07:28:48 AM »

I am VERY familiar that websites aren't free to create or maintain due to the business that I am in.

I also don't think that is a "popular" belief.   Sheesh.  Is their really anyone out there that believes that "fee you pay monthly" goes to the websites and not the provider?   

I also stand by my "dinosaur" comment.  Imagine a "convenience" fee on Amazon, Netflix, or Joe "the plummer".  Websites are just a cost of doing business in the internet age.  Also, at $7.00 a pop, that must be some amazing website to maintain.  One that might even be able to complete an order....conveniently.  ;D

Just my observation on season pass ordering.

Dang that is about as bad as Ticketmaster fees. One thing HFEC is good at is looking how to increase revenue by charging for the small things that most people really do not notice.

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2015, 01:01:44 PM »
I also hate the fees, but still...with the price of a full season pass I think you get a good deal for what you pay (especially if you buy early).
Colorado SDC Fan

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2015, 01:27:16 PM »
Season passes are a good value. So are season passes to just about any other attraction you visit. I'm having a hard time with the convenience fee for no convenience and the fact it took me soooo many tries to finally get them ordered. I have never ordered by phone, but does anyone know if you are charged the convenience fee for that? If not, how can it be cheaper to pay someone to answer the phone and take your order than it is to automate the ordering process on a website?

My main goal behind this thread isn't to bash the park that I love so dearly, but that someone at SDC sees this and addresses the issue.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2015, 05:45:14 PM »
We ordered 3 passes at the end of December and our invoice shows a $9.00 Internet fee ($3.00 per pass) so I'm thinking you don't get charged extra by ordering via phone.  You do however have to go through the hassle of waiting your turn by calling in.  (Of course you had to wait even by ordering online so using the phone may be the best option).
I'm Your Huckleberry

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2015, 06:43:59 PM »
I'm thinking you're probably right. I guess next year I will just drive down there before they close for the season and buy them then. It won't take much more time than I spent this year. And with gas at 1.69 a gallon I can almost break even on the $18 in convenience fees.  ;D

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2015, 01:51:49 PM »
We got our passes at SDC....the people were really slow, but I guess it's better than the problems you had. We also ordered them by phone in the past...no extra charges.