Author Topic: Summer Music  (Read 6628 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Summer Music
« on: January 14, 2015, 10:52:59 AM »
Summer Music

Well it's that time.

Walmart AMY has anounced
Dave Matthews Band
Kenny Chesney
Chicago

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Music
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 10:52:31 PM »
Wait, no. You have got to be kidding me!!! Dave Mathew's Band and the Oldies band Chicago are coming to SDC to do a concert?!?! OMG!!!! OMG!!!! THIS IS SOOOOO AWEEEEESSOOOOOMMMEEEE!!!!!!!! #EXCITED

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 09:34:43 AM »
No they're not coming to SDC- coming here: http://www.arkansasmusicpavilion.com/
I'm Your Huckleberry

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 10:14:12 AM »
Plenty of music outside of Branson for the masses.

Single day tickets for Thunder on the Mountain country fest down at Cass on the Pig Trail went on sale.lots of country stars like Zac Brown Band playing that one and there's the Wakarusa fest at the same locale with a very eclectic mix from Ben Harper to Electronica in the late night.

3 doors Down and Widespread Panic announced for the AMP yesterday.

My plans this year are Rush in Tulsa, Mellencamp in Memphis, Foo Fighters in KC, Dave Matthews here in NWA. Along with The Beale Street Music Fest, all three days but really for Big Head Todd, a Colorado band I love and first saw as a double bill with Dave Matthews in KC at Memorial. Do they have anything there anymore?

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 02:23:51 PM »
Well, I have tickets to Fleetwood Mac in St. Louis this month for my oldies fix and the very next night I get to see my favorite band, The Gaslight Anthem. Kick A** rock and roll.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 05:32:45 PM »
I have tickets to Jimmy Buffet this summer!   ;D

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 02:19:02 PM »
I have tickets to Jimmy Buffet this summer!   ;D

I wanted to go to Jimmy so bad this year but I will be in Europe at that time. Have a good time Parrot Head.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 05:27:39 PM »
Thanks Runner!  I have 2nd row seats!!!   ;D

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 10:00:26 PM »
Well, I have tickets to Fleetwood Mac in St. Louis this month for my oldies fix and the very next night I get to see my favorite band, The Gaslight Anthem. Kick A** rock and roll.

Hopefully, the band will make it this month to St. Louis. Tonight's Fleetwood Mac concert in Little Rock was suddenly canceled due to the illness of a band member.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 10:06:35 PM »

Hopefully, the band will make it this month to St. Louis. Tonight's Fleetwood Mac concert in Little Rock was suddenly canceled due to the illness of a band member.

They cancelled somewhere else earlier this month due to illness. I think it was Mick Fleetwood. He has been battling some form of Cancer.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2015, 10:08:37 PM »

They cancelled somewhere else earlier this month due to illness. I think it was Mick Fleetwood. He has been battling some form of Cancer.

Correction, It is John McVie with the cancer diagnosis.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 09:16:10 AM »
Robert Plant at Mud Island(Memphis) in I ' very
I've seen him and his Space Shifters band, this is a solid outfit that's about 60% Zep material.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2015, 07:45:45 AM »
Fleetwood Mac simply tore up the stage last night in St. Louis. I had my reservations about how the aging rock band would do, but they did not fail to disappoint. Christie McVie"s return to the band seemed seamless.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2015, 08:42:00 AM »
Stretching into fall we have tickets for the Wynona  show in Branson.  We went last year and coupling the show with a trip to SDC is a great weekend. 
This year like last the show is in November and SDC is already open for Christmas.  Wynona put on a powerful show, her voice is better that you would imagine in person.
I think the tickets are $57 for all seat but the first 5 rows, they are $90.  We got front row center.  Oak Ridge Boys Theater.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2015, 06:27:26 PM »
Bought my wife and I tickets to the Eagles for her birthday, I'm a busy boy this summer. More live music planned since my 20s

Rush, Eagles, Foo Fighters, Mellencamp, Big Head Todd( a personal favorite)at the Beale St. music fest with the Pixies thrown in, Plant at the Island, DMB here. Mom and Daughter are doing Swift.  My Mom is thinking I might be moving back with the visits to Memphis cause I'm all over some Grizz playoff games with the Bro. I wish I was, Minglewood Music Hall has been booked with tons of great music this year. How was all that possible, I said adios to season tickets to football, with the kids getting older we needed more and that was insanely expensive plus my brother is having to replace his pool :o, We are just going to pick a game or two and stub hub it plus go to Knoxville with Dollywood thrown in, take that discount thank you. 

Plant from NPR:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idHqjO9gtPE