Author Topic: Park meets attendance goals for 2014  (Read 28380 times)

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Park meets attendance goals for 2014
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2015, 09:51:11 PM »
I have always said that a Aquarium with a mixed use development surrounding it, ice skating in the winter and maybe some bunny slope skiing for the winter months would be a great use for that area. The sad fact is HFEC will sit on it before they let anyone come in and develop it.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2015, 07:48:24 AM »
I have always said that a Aquarium with a mixed use development surrounding it, ice skating in the winter and maybe some bunny slope skiing for the winter months would be a great use for that area.
Bingo

The sad fact is HFEC will sit on it before they let anyone come in and develop it.
Bingo.

I suppose this discussion started as a means to explore how SDC could grow attendance and that it's now the dead of winter and there's nothing much to do here or in Branson

I hate that The Tracks are a hodge podge of properties, I think they could be so much more with one central location. I love what some of the FECs are morphing into like the Fun Spots in the Orlando area.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2015, 08:48:44 AM »
Thanks Chittlins!!   LOL.,. 

I have been waiting for days for someone to bring up how far "off topic" we are.!! ;D

do I care? NO..  just love the way it happens and then it just ROLLS downhill!!!!!!

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2015, 11:25:57 AM »
Swoosh, throwing out the term "magical" is dangerous and may be linked  to big ears when I think you mean some bearded man that hung out around some court in England and why would he do that with a condo in KC. Now if SeaWorld was to come up with an Aquarium and Sesame Place combo like Lego aND Sealife with maybe a Sesame St. themed hotel with an indoor waterpark and small theater for character live shows......
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 09:19:51 PM by chittlins »

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2015, 05:23:10 PM »
I, too, believe it is very dangroup.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2015, 09:08:12 PM »
I don't think I would stop and pay just to see a bunch of fish.

You may not, but other will and lots of them. Both times we've been to Gatlinburg we visited Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies and both times it was packed. And that was with tickets in $25 per person range as I recall.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2015, 09:18:52 PM »
I, too, believe it is very dangroup.

love the smart phone, I do.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2015, 09:24:00 PM »
I don't think I would stop and pay just to see a bunch of fish.

You may not, but other will and lots of them. Both times we've been to Gatlinburg we visited Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies and both times it was packed. And that was with tickets in $25 per person range as I recall.

Here's the deal, I'm for an aquarium as long as it differentiates itself from all the others. Plus, while it's a long time coming, there's basically one opening up in the WOW complex at Bass Pro, complete with a Manatee  rehab center. I've been to dozens with the kids and they are all starting to run together.

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2015, 09:47:41 PM »
WOW has been "under construction" for about 10 years now and if that's part of their aquarium plan I won't be holding my breath for one there. I agree that they probably do seem the same but where is a another one close to the Branson area, or even in the Midwest in general?
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2015, 10:10:36 PM »
This is one problem with all the entertainment complexes cropping up everywhere. You basically get a cookie cutter they all look alike complex and none of them really differentiates themselves from another. Kind of like driving down a interstate and all the exits for every town looks the same. It is also why I have been critical of Fireman's Landing. A bunch of off the shelf stuff you can get at any traveling carnival. Same with flat rides for me. Boring to the max whatever kind of plastic facade you throw on them. At one time SDC was trying to be innovative and with Outlaw Run I was optimistic they were getting back in that thinking mode. To really get attendance back or increase they are going to need to get more creative again.