Author Topic: Ride DVD  (Read 4086 times)

DocSpeleo

Ride DVD
« on: August 07, 2008, 08:50:18 PM »
So yesterday 8/5/08 I went to Six Flags St Louis.
I rode Tony Hawks Big Spin and bought the ride dvd to see possibly what would be on our own Wildfire DVD. ???

http://flickr.com/photos/jeromysumner/2742004862/

there's the link for all of you to laugh - comment - its are open to all! lol

So the DVD was $14.01  the same price as buying one of the 6x9 on ride photos on the other rides with photos.  The dvd has 2 parts, one video about 1 minute of clips from around the park and 2 minutes from the ride.. or it may be the other way around lol  I don't remember.... ::)

So Kodak was on park in early June video taping so possibly they were working on that second section of the dvd. :o

Also, I thought i would be bored watching my face on the ride for however long the ride was but it was cut together with footage from the ride making it actually a cool thing to watch.... i actually think you get to watch more of the ride than you do of yourself though... not sure haven't timed it... 8)

so now i'm ready for that wildfire video!  really bad!  hahahaha

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Ride DVD
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 10:18:54 PM »
^Lol, that was cool. You didn't look retarted either though. On those spinning coasters, I laugh so hard. Mostly because I crack a lot of jokes on those, and I don't know why...  :o

Anyways, as you said, they offer more footage of the ride than they do of you. It is a good thing they do that though, because it'd be a pretty boring video if it was just of the person riding as you look the same pretty much throughout the entire ride. Not sure if I'd pay $14 for it but, I'd be interested in seeing SDC's version of Wildfire, most definitely.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 10:04:16 AM by Coaster »
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

sdcforever

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 10:35:13 PM »
That was cool!  ;D

I hope SDC does more with theirs, though.  How about a short video detailing the backstory of Wildfire?  And music that stays with the park's theme?  They could really do a lot with the stock footage of the ride, considering the great scenic views you have while on Wildfire.

DocSpeleo

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 10:51:05 PM »
I agree Kokak has a big job ahead of them pleasing all of us! lol

I think I'll talk to their management tomorrow and see how things are going...
on the other side of the park - - the camera from the lost river got fried during a storm it was struck by lightning... hahaha

The wildfire camera is still not focusing right and the pictures are not coming out as good as Sharp Shooters pictures did last year.  Kodak can't get that still shot set up right!

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 11:28:20 PM »
That was pretty cool Doc.  I think they should divide the picture frame in half, one side being video showing the rider while the other side is video showing what you see facing forward on the ride.  And they should be in sync.  The front facing video could obviously be stock footage, to be used on every DVD.  It wouldn't be difficult to do that with the software that is out nowadays.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 10:12:34 AM »
^That'd be cool. And with today's technology, really simple to do as well.

^^So Doc, how much longer are they expecting it to be before they get it all set up? Do they have any kind of timetable for it at all?

I want to see more of this person's ride videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8HYZXg0UQs&feature=related

....Or this person's:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuTf7rPIuY8&feature=related

Those are hilarious! The woman just sits there and laughs at him.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."