Author Topic: Montana Mike's  (Read 3865 times)

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Montana Mike's
« on: December 13, 2014, 10:44:51 AM »
I had a big post written out about my experience there, but thought it would be better to sum it all up quickly instead of being too negative:
If you've never been to Montana Mike's and are wondering how it is, I would kindly tell you to go somewhere else.  The food was absolutely terrible.  I was shocked.
Has anyone else been there?  Like it?  Hate it?
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
Re: Montana Mike's
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 11:14:16 AM »
Several years ago we had a terrible experience at Red Lobster in Branson. The wait, the service. We have not been back, but I see it is still there, so perhaps things have changed for the better, or maybe we hit them on a bad day. We had a Montana Mike's here at home, and it was fine. It often is in the management, and the cooks in the kitchen.  Sorry you had a bad experience.

"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 01:07:52 PM »
I just think most of the restaurant service and food on 76 is lacking.  A real service training is needed and food that is prepared and not frozen, boxed or bagged, warmed up, and put on a plate.  It just seems that most of the restaurants work more on stuffing crowds into a small space than on service and quality.  They miss an opportunity.  Branson should be known for shows, experiences, shopping, AND dining.

Incidentally, MM is operated by the IMAX group, am I correct?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 01:09:12 PM by History Buff »
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 06:53:51 PM »
Well I guess some people just constantly have good/bad luck on the same thing. Like (this happens to me all the time). A/C. Trust me, we like it cool. If I own something that has an A/C unit, it will fail. Like my house. My furnace is original from when the house was brand new in 1995. However I have replaced 7 A/C units. My last new camper ate 4 A/C units within the first year. My Jeep has had A/C repair 3 times. I just have bad luck with A/C. --- Just like some people just love Ford/Chevy/Dodge/ETC while others wouldnt own one at all.

My Dad was a food appraiser too. Trust me, anywhere we went to eat, his meal was always just terrible. Even though him & I would order the same meal usually and I usually enjoyed mine, his (after having a bite) was indeed always terrible. (In other words, if there was a bad steak or whatever, he would always get it).

Id say go ahead and visit Montana Mikes and Red Lobster I have been to both in Branson. Never had a bad meal at either. If your luck with restaurants is like my Dads, well you might be better off going to Price Chopper, I do understand.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 10:39:59 PM »
I was there about 3 years ago at the one on the strip. Have not been back since if that tells you anything. I would grade them on the lower rungs of all the Texas whatever roadhouse style steak places out there. But I am not much on any chain restaurant. The family calls me a food snob.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 09:03:24 AM »
Montana Mike's is owned by the company that owns the IMAX and Florentina's Italian restaurant. It was just posted on the 1branson board that the MM on 248 is closing. The only location will be the one on 76 by the Titanic. From reviews I have read the dining experience is not much better at Lone Star or BT Bones. We don't ever go out to eat steak in Branson.

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 06:12:20 AM »
My brief stint living in Branson for 8 months a few years ago taught me many things about the place, one being eat ONLY local. Avoid chains. Fall Creek Steakhouse had the best catfish and steak. There's 3 non chain Mexican places that each had their own unique style. At least 4 Ma and Pa style hamburger places that were priced well with great food. The name escapes me on the small one, but despite the crowds, service was always great and fast, making you feel like you were part of their family.  Food for thought~
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 08:21:37 AM »
My wife and I ate there several years ago. Within minutes of leaving the restaurant, my wife became extremely ill. She felt horrible the rest of the day, we've never been back. Before we ate, they took our picture, and we had it put on a little magnet, now that magnet is what she calls the 'before' picture!
You have a great past just ahead of you.