Author Topic: What are the Annual Numbers for SDC and Branson?  (Read 2719 times)

MoOzark

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • I raised the Dizzy Dogs from little pups.
    • View Profile
What are the Annual Numbers for SDC and Branson?
« on: December 04, 2014, 03:20:45 PM »
I've been doing some research for a project I'm working on and I'm having trouble coming up with current statistics. I have found info on the internet but everything I have found doesn't seem right or it is old information. And I hope I'm not asking for SDC proprietary information--just tell if it is.  Does anyone know:

...1) The approximate number of visitors to SDC each year? (I believe this would be in the order of 2 million+ per year).
...2) I would like to know the total number of different visitors to SDC. 
...3) Also the total number of gate entries, which would count many people more than once as they go there multiple times per year.
...4) How many visitors come to Branson each year? (I believe this number was in the order of 5 million+ in the 1990s. Has it gone down now?)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: What are the Annual Numbers for SDC and Branson?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 05:58:18 PM »
A couple of the members on here may be able to get that breakdown of info for you.

Depending on your article you might contact ::-----""If you are a member of the media and would like to contact one of our Publicity representatives for information regarding any of the Silver Dollar City/ Herschend Family Entertainment Attractions in Branson, please call (417) 338-8210 or email our publicity department.""

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 06:37:19 PM »
It is considered proprietary information, but some rough estimates are often quoted publicly by the park.

SDC's attendance is over 2 million, I would estimate closer to 2.25 million, but that's speculative.
They definitely wouldn't give you a break down of guest visitor amounts, that's expensive info for any potential competing attraction.
The 2.25 million figure is already referring to individual gate entries.
Branson is estimated to have about 8 million visitors a year.

MoOzark

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • I raised the Dizzy Dogs from little pups.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 09:34:28 PM »
It is considered proprietary information, but some rough estimates are often quoted publicly by the park.

SDC's attendance is over 2 million, I would estimate closer to 2.25 million, but that's speculative... 

Thanks. The rough estimate is what I am after and I'm not sure if I'll include that info in my project or not. I simply didn't want to quote any estimates that were completely wrong. And I certainly don't want to give out any company sensitive information.