Author Topic: New Parking Lot/Road Plans  (Read 40534 times)

DocSpeleo

Re: New Parking Lot/Road Plans
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2008, 12:36:41 PM »
I'm going to be there Wednesday, Thursday and Friday! lol

The parking situation isn't terrible as it sounds.. I do get to drive it everyday though so I may be biased.
The cones are there probably until all the roads are cleaned up and marked after lot AC is completed.
I'm not positive though just thinking that's what will happen.

Even with the cones and guys waving their arms.. it's pretty clear where you are supposed to go.  We have huge signs up now replacing the temporary ones that were there. And they look nice...

Of course my favorite sign is the 16 mph speed limit sign!  LOL
I love it!

DocSpeleo

« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2008, 11:19:29 PM »
Parking lot AC has finally been raised to reach lot A and C! Yeah!
Here are some pics

DocSpeleo

« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2008, 10:51:16 PM »
Lot AC was used today!
400 cars fit on that little plot of parking lot...
We were told that they are not going to pave this.. I don't know if that means right away or ever?  So we'll have to see if there's a chip & seal parking lot between  two paved parking lots... doesn't make sense to be but... we'll see.....

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2008, 11:11:39 PM »
Finally.  ::)
I'll ask Brad on the 6th if they plan on paving it during the off season or not.
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2008, 12:26:21 PM »
Got to park in the new AC lot the other day. It's sure a nice little addition, but it definitely needs pavement. The rest of the parking area still leaves much to be desired, to be honest. I think there's been some general improvement, but you can tell that there's still a lot of work to be done to finish everything up. There are still cones everywhere, and it still feels awkward trying to figure out where to go after most of the lots are filled.

Anyone know why they're selling off part of Notch? Half of it was being used, but the other half wasn't and has a for sale sign.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2008, 02:52:57 PM »
Last I heard the new parking lot went over budget big time and that is what is "new" for next year.  Sure the economy is a good excuse as well, but I tend to think this is the real reason why the coaster got put on hold.
SWOOSH

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2008, 01:37:59 AM »
OK, they built the new roads and parking lots but I feel that they have really failed to address a big issue, handicapped parking.  My wife is disabled and has to use a scooter. WE are usally parked in the A lot, which I feel is too far away for anybody in a scooter or wheelchair.  But this weekend, we were told that we could drop off then park in the F lot, the A lot has been turned into prefered parking with a $20.00 fee.  This is highly disrespectful to the handicapped visitors and I am not sure if this is not a voilation of Americans with Disablities rules.
SDC has always made a great past to remember

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2008, 07:40:37 AM »
A lot has always been a paid parking lot.  There are a handful of "first come first served" handicapped parking spaces right next to the entrance.  However if you want those you have to be there before the park opens.  It used to be that the handicapped had to park in lot C, which I believe is still the case.  I would imagine that those were full too if they told you to park in E
SWOOSH

dkparks

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2008, 01:03:51 PM »
Actually, we have always parked in A for free. Of course, we are always on the motorcycles. We really love that. BTW: before anyone says anything, look at how many bikes can get crammed into that little space on the left. Try fitting that many cars into the same space.

sdcforever

« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2008, 10:05:10 PM »
Never really paid attention to the handicapped lots.  Never had to worry about it.  Interesting.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 05, 2008, 08:01:25 PM »
COrrection,
I was actually handicapped, busses and motercycles were always on the left.
THen the 15.00 were the secondary spaces.  I complained heavely to the managment as I can not see someone thats handicapped being less important than someone with 20.00.   This just isnt right.
THey have done nothing to the existing lots and all spaces were free untill about 5 years ago maybe, it wasnt long ago this changed.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2008, 03:09:10 PM »
Don't complain - at the their other properties (Dollywood, Wild Adventures, Stone Mountain) there are NO FREE PARKING SPACES.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 03:09:48 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #102 on: December 10, 2008, 06:22:23 PM »
There always seems to be a huge cluster of handicapped spots in Clot.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #103 on: March 07, 2009, 06:27:04 PM »
Anyone check out the parking lots lately? Have they added asphalt to the new lot, and got rid of the cones? I'm curious to see the final product at last.

The parking lots were one of the first stories this site covered over a year and a half ago I believe, and it's been almost exactly a year since the first proposed finish date.

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2009, 10:08:52 AM »
Do they have a good way to walk from the new lots to the park yet? I can take construction, but not safe walkways.