Author Topic: New Parking Lot/Road Plans  (Read 40466 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
New Parking Lot/Road Plans
« on: August 13, 2007, 09:50:14 PM »
This is very old, but it certainly is pretty major. Back in February SDC formally submitted a proposal for a $5 million TIF project to decrease traffic issues around SDC; the project would also involve some expansion of SDC's parking lot. Here an article on it ->http://bransonmissouri.blogspot.com/2007/02/silver-dollar-city-expansion-involves-5.html

The thing is, I haven't heard any more on it since February, what happened? I expect that if it did indeed pass, we'll be seeing it take place this off season, if the funds are raised early enough.

I know that I personally can't wait for them to do anything to ease congestion. Last Christmas, I had to wait in a car queue for miles.

Btw, it's worth noting that the Herschends specifically designed this TIF proposal so that it wouldn't take away from possible education funds. Hooray for smart businesses.

Anyone hear more?

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: New Parking Lot/Road Plans
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 12:12:41 AM »
They have started on adding more parking!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 03:57:12 PM »
Really? How so? It's kinda a bad time to start over-hauling the parking lot now, isn't it?

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 06:27:58 PM »
Yeah! Hopefully it doesn't cause any more problems with traffic than there already will be this weekend.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 07:26:34 PM »
They haven’t started work on Indian Point. They started removing trees and working on the land between Parking Lot C and A. I don’t know if any of that made sense??? I have a couple of pictures.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 07:54:54 PM »
Could we see the pics please?
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 10:28:39 PM »
It made sense to me, Copper; the Branson Blog had an article about the expansion back in February and included a photoshopped satellite image to illustrate what the new parking is supposed to look like. You can see it here (and you can click on the image to make it larger):

http://bransonmissouri.blogspot.com/2007/02/silver-dollar-city-expansion-involves-5.html

~ "Becky" Joy ~

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 10:45:40 PM »
It looks like a mighty big addition too. The road re-route is one thing, but filling in that valley and paving it will be a huge project, I see now why they started so early. It kind of goes against the Herschend principle of low-environmental impact, but eh, they haven't done anything like what other corporations across Branson have. I just hopes this relieves a little bit of the pressure during the Christmas season.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 05:36:38 PM »
In case anyone's been out of touch with the home page, Copper was nice enough to submit a couple of photos of the work that has begun on the gully between lots A and C.

Man, where will they get all the dirt needed? Am I wrong in remembering that gully as pretty deep?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007, 07:50:31 PM »
Copper has sent in some more photos, see the article on the home page.

It looks like they're keeping a lot of trees in place - a move I'm loving if it means those trees will become part of the parking lot. I mean really, parking lots are big, ugly, hot scars on the landscape, but with a few trees they are infinitely better. I can't wait to see how it turns out, even if it is only a parking lot - I've always wanted to see what a wooded parking lot would look like, maybe we should tell Walmart about this.

Then again, maybe they're just marking those trees for removal later, but it doesn't seem like it. What do you guys think?

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2007, 08:04:48 AM »
I think it would be really cool if they left some trees in there, it wouldn't feel like a regular parking lot it would be different.
Silver Dollar City Rocks!!!!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2007, 08:15:41 PM »
MIG just got a bunch of photos of the lot -> http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/silver/101507/

Sadly, it seems they aren't saving any trees, and they aren't doing anything to make it more than a big, black scar on the landscape. Oh well.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2007, 07:39:06 PM »
Crystal has confirmed that the completion date for the connection lot between A&C is by Family Spring Break Weekends in March.  There has not been a date set for the movement of Indian Point Road as that is a TIFF project and is mandated by local and state rules
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2007, 08:23:37 PM »
Geez, I had no idea how big the gully was until today, or how steep it was, or how now that the tree are gone, you can see Wildfire clearly from the road.

I'm now amazed more than ever that the Herschends went through with this, but it sure is needed, I had to park two miles away.

Btw, they've started work on the new road. Anyone going to be able to drive through some time and take some photos of the progress? It's not terribly interesting, but hey - it's something new.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2007, 11:02:46 PM »
I'll be sure to take pics when I'm down there on the 15th.

~ "Becky" Joy ~