Author Topic: New Parking Lot/Road Plans  (Read 40795 times)

Hatfield McCoy

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Re: New Parking Lot/Road Plans
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2009, 01:01:22 AM »
Do they have a good way to walk from the new lots to the park yet? I can take construction, but not safe walkways.

Yeah, I know.  If I don't have a few reckless cars to dodge, some orange cones, a pot hole or at least a pit of poisonous vipers to leap across...I get bored.

Just kidding... I know you meant unsafe; it was late and that one caught me funny.

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 10, 2009, 11:07:37 AM »
Heh...yeah I didn't even notice that.

SteamFreak

« Reply #107 on: March 11, 2009, 08:25:00 AM »
Do they have a good way to walk from the new lots to the park yet? I can take construction, but not safe walkways.

Yeah, I know.  If I don't have a few reckless cars to dodge, some orange cones, a pot hole or at least a pit of poisonous vipers to leap across...I get bored.

Just kidding... I know you meant unsafe; it was late and that one caught me funny.

I always thought they should just take out the "do not enter" signs on the tram tunnels, and remove the crossing gates on the rail road, such measures just take the fun out of the park.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2009, 03:09:30 PM »
With all the talk about going over budget, this is from the SDC website:
According to Bill DeAtley, project manager for Silver Dollar City, the $5 million Tax Incremental Finance project was finished on time, and on budget. Improvements included widening the top of Indian Point Road from MO 76 to the Silver Dollar City park entrance, and constructing a new road separating Silver Dollar City traffic from vehicles traveling to Indian Point and Crow's Nest area resorts and lake access points.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #109 on: March 13, 2009, 06:26:56 PM »
Interesting, but I can't help but feel that their making some sort of exaggeration. I remember them stating at the start of the season that the work would be completed by the start of that summer, and when I went in September it was still very much under construction. Maybe I misinterpreted them. They could have been talking about the road itself specifically, and the rest of the parking issues were a separate thing.

Something had to have gone awry for them to still be working on it up to the end of last season.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #110 on: March 13, 2009, 11:34:39 PM »
MoDot had nothing to with the "other problems" dealing with the parking.
Their role in the project was done on time and budget.
SWOOSH

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 21, 2009, 10:47:51 AM »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #112 on: March 21, 2009, 10:48:48 PM »
^Where is that?

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 21, 2009, 11:47:25 PM »
Right here silly!

Heres a hint...it used to be covered in trees and was then a HUGE hole, now it is right next to what was parkin lot C
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 11:49:46 PM by rubedugans »

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 22, 2009, 12:12:52 AM »
Yup!  This is a view from the valley side of the new lot - gravel as you can tell - looking back toward the road.

danjankids

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2009, 04:30:58 PM »
I was told on Thursday 3/26/09 that they were waiting until warmer weather to lay the asphalt on the new lots.  That maybe why they are not done.

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2009, 08:02:09 AM »
Glad to see that they finally relized that they needed to make the handicap parking availible to the handicap and turned the bus parking areas into additional handicap parking near the enterance. I never could figure out why the felt Lot A was so conveient for wheelchair and powerchair visitors
SDC has always made a great past to remember

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #117 on: July 19, 2009, 10:17:25 PM »
I noticed they put planters in as a barrier between former lot C and the new lot (still havent figured out all the new numbers yet). I guess all of that new area is now preferred parking. Gotta re-coup some of those costs though - so I'm happy to see a few people pony up and pay $15 to park 100 ft. closer to the entrance.

As for me, I'm sticking to the shuttles from the hotel. The new parking lot system is STILL a nightmare to deal with. Get there early and leave late if you must come via car. Otherwise, the buses the park sends out to the hotels are very nice, and they seem to run every hour.

It did feel like I had missed something by getting to the park via a bus rather than a long green tram, but I have to say the new transports look a lot more professional. No more raggedy old school buses to be seen anywhere, and the new trams do look nice now that they have the right vehicles pulling them rather than Ford F-150's  :D.

I know most of you already have been through this, but I felt I should throw my 2 cents in after my first visit of the season.

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 19, 2009, 10:22:43 PM »
No more raggedy old school buses to be seen anywhere

I hope you're right about that.  It would be a long time coming, and if that's the only major investment we get this year, it'll be worth it.  The yellow busses have always been an eyesore and set the wrong stage for the park.