Author Topic: St. Louis Union Station Developers want rides  (Read 9069 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: St. Louis Union Station Developers want rides
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2015, 09:40:14 AM »
Little more upscale than anything you'd find at Wrigley and it is actually owned by the Cardinals, not some leech tenants across the street

Defend it all you want but it's a copycat. Wrigleyville is about to get all developed up.  :'(

Saw the proposed downtown open air NFL stadium rendering right on the river, looked meh.

Lipstick on a pig and nothing more.

Not a Cardo or a Cubs fan but Wrigrey is unique and I've enjoyed every trip there. To deny that the Cards wanted a bit of Wrigrey vibe in it's  ballpark village is just letting Fandom cloud their thinking. The Braves are going for some faux Wrigley as well.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2015, 11:44:38 AM »
I love baseball and consider it my first love, I do understand that 3 or 4 hour games don't keep the attention of the instant-gratification generation, so I guess they had to add something to keep the youngins occupied.
My beloved Kansas City Royals added all kinds of things that have nothing to do with baseball when they redid the park in 2009.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2015, 05:39:41 PM »
I love baseball and consider it my first love, I do understand that 3 or 4 hour games don't keep the attention of the instant-gratification generation, so I guess they had to add something to keep the youngins occupied.
My beloved Kansas City Royals added all kinds of things that have nothing to do with baseball when they redid the park in 2009.

Comerica is a mini amusement park

All they need is a coaster.

Several minor league parks have FEC type rides and splash pads, waiting for one to put in something like this.

It's only a matter of time

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2016, 02:41:56 PM »
Seems this is slowly happening.

Plus supposedly a new aquarium:
http://www.attractionsmanagement.com/detail.cfm?pagetype=detail&subject=news&codeID=326140