Author Topic: BIG coaster @ Carowinds  (Read 2314 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: BIG coaster @ Carowinds
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 08:43:07 PM »
Oh yeah, there's a few coasters out there now in the $30+ million range, and B&M has been pumping out huge coasters for Cedar Fair lately. This isn't their first 'giga' coaster in the last few years, and I'm sure more are on the way.

Funnily enough though, the big criticism of this ride is that it doesn't look intense enough. B&M is notorious for spreading things out so that you don't feel any G-forces. After the first drop it's a lot of gentle hills and wide sweeping curves.

I mean, I think it will be fun. I'm fairly sure I'm going to get there next year myself to try it out. B&M is stepping up their game somewhat lately, and concept artwork has never done them justice anyway.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: BIG coaster @ Carowinds
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 09:08:58 PM »
Oh yeah, there's a few coasters out there now in the $30+ million range, and B&M has been pumping out huge coasters for Cedar Fair lately. This isn't their first 'giga' coaster in the last few years, and I'm sure more are on the way.

Funnily enough though, the big criticism of this ride is that it doesn't look intense enough. B&M is notorious for spreading things out so that you don't feel any G-forces. After the first drop it's a lot of gentle hills and wide sweeping curves.

I mean, I think it will be fun. I'm fairly sure I'm going to get there next year myself to try it out. B&M is stepping up their game somewhat lately, and concept artwork has never done them justice anyway.

Bigger isn't better, it just looks more impressive while some of the nest newer coasters I've been on have been the newer compact ones. Case in point, I've rode Mystery Mine at Dollywood and this summer I rode it's kin at Galveston's Pleasure Pier named Iron Shark. I enjoyed the latter much better. Newer cars without OTR's and it's wham, bam thank you ma'am pacing after the beyond 90 drop that's the signature of those Gerstlauers.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 09:14:02 PM by chittlins »