Author Topic: SDC/Branson work advice  (Read 2578 times)

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
SDC/Branson work advice
« on: October 27, 2014, 03:26:41 PM »
My son graduates from high school in May and he mentioned last night that maybe he'd like to work in Branson for the summer. He is wanting to go into Performing Arts for a career and thought that Branson would be a great introduction for him into that field.

He's been involved with church choir, jazz choir, mixed choir, show choir, received all state vocal honors, been part of musicals, plays, etc. He's performed with Clay Cooper, Sandi Patty, Kristen Chenoweth and loves being on stage. He plans to attend college and receive degrees in performance and education.

Not being of the area, where would he find audition information (is there a Branson publication, or just news paper) and what about summer housing?

Jay

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
Re: SDC/Branson work advice
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 04:38:54 PM »
Have him call the SDC personel office, or perhaps the entertainment department office, or get on the SDC website and go to employment/careers section. Sdc has open and scheduled auditions in various surrounding cities as well as at the park or locations in Branson. Call any of the music shows in town and check their websites. Best of luck....er, rather BREAK A LEG!
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 12:25:47 PM »
I had a friend who did 2 summer stints and 2 christmas stints at the city.  He will be expected to find his own housing.  If he's lucky, he'll be able to find some other summer employees to get a place with.  she was fortunate enough to get an understudy job for the saloon and other performers, but the schedule they asked her for made it impossible for her to attend college during the fall.  Just keep in mind that it doesn't necessarily depend on his talent.  If he needs to start at the end of May and be done mid August, but they can find someone who will work longer, he may get passed over for the other person. its not a reflection on his personality or talent.  They just want people who will stay.  That was a hard lesson for my friend and she eventually gave up.  I hope he does well!!

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 08:55:39 PM »
Thank you. Sounds like if it's something he wants to do next summer, he better get busy now getting ready.

Jay