Author Topic: Dollywood Hints at Another Huge Attraction in 2016  (Read 37902 times)

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
Re: Dollywood Hints at Another Huge Attraction in 2016
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2016, 09:09:32 AM »
Just saw this posted this morning on TPR. Wonder how much merit that poster has on their statement, this is news to me if its true.  :P

Word on the street is that much like with Cedar Fair and Intamin, HFE won't work with RMC any more because of all the problems they had. Cedar Fair doesn't either since they saw what happened with Lightning Rod and don't want to end up in another Intamin situation where (based on the rumors from really credible sources) Matt Ouimet gets piss drunk and gets in a fistfight with Alan Schilke like he did with the CEO of Intamin after the Shoot the Rapids incident and I305 "disaster" with the retracking.

All new American coasters will likely be built by GCI, B&M, S&S or Pinfari for the time being. I'm not saying they'll never work with RMC again but right now it doesn't look good.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 08:36:51 AM by sdcfan88 »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2016, 01:44:30 PM »
 >:(

Really?!?!  You took a typical Coasterbill satire post as being serious?  ::)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 02:08:02 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2016, 02:15:51 PM »
Just saw this posted this morning on TPR. Wonder how much merit that poster has on their statement, this is news to me if its true.

Word on the street is that much like with Cedar Fair and Intamin, HFE won't work with RMC any more because of all the problems they had. Cedar Fair doesn't either since they saw what happened with Lightning Rod and don't want to end up in another Intamin situation where (based on the rumors from really credible sources) Matt Ouimet gets piss drunk and gets in a fistfight with Alan Schilke like he did with the CEO of Intamin after the Shoot the Rapids incident and I305 "disaster" with the retracking.

All new American coasters will likely be built by GCI, B&M, S&S or Pinfari for the time being. I'm not saying they'll never work with RMC again but right now it doesn't look good.

I thought I was reading the onion :)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2016, 08:55:29 PM »
I will say it is quite generous of them to crown LR as the 2016 best new attraction, especially with its ultra late opening and downtime issues. Also how the heck did they win best Christmas festival for 2016 when the festival hasn't even started yet for the season?

LOL, exactly. The Golden Tickets have gotten successively more of a joke each year. I try to ignore it these days, but unfortunately their marketing is getting better since the parks like to use it in their advertising. It's basically a circle jerk of the same big parks, but at least DW is part of it for what it's worth.

And yeah, we'll never know what the whole relationship is between HFEC, RMC, and the other vendors for LR. I'm sure it's all pretty complicated. The stuff posted on TPR is no better than our random musing here. I wouldn't think they'd jump right back to RMC regardless, but who knows at this point.