Author Topic: Toy story Mania  (Read 2076 times)

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Toy story Mania
« on: October 08, 2014, 01:37:04 PM »
I have seen this the last couple of days and thought I would post here for discussion. Toy story Mania is one of the most popular attractions at Disney ever. Most of our trips to Hollywood studios the stand by line reached 2 hours plus and Fastpasses were gone for the day within 2 hours of park opening. We always seemed to make the initial race from opening to the line in the morning rode it and then got a fastpass for later on. Not sure I like Disney's  new experiment, but maybe it will work better, Time will tell.

https://time.com/money/3478186/disney-toy-story-ride-reservations-lines/

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: Toy story Mania
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 05:26:28 PM »
The reason TSM has long lines is that the Studio is limited in rides in the first place with a lack of options.

It's been long neglected without a clear vision since any pretense of actual film work vanished. It appears that it's about to undergo a massive makeover though with the Canyon and Indy biting the dust. I've had a theory on how Disney should do it's parks down there as there no longer seems to be any coherent plan and it goes like this

WDW- Disney Classics and all new Disney branded properties like Frozen and Maleficent

Epcot, get the characters out of there, Walt would be pissed! By all means, expand rides and such. But we get Frozen basically taking over Norway instead.

DHS. Change name to Disney's Cinematic Aventure.  This is where you don't copy Cars Land but you do really expand on Pixar's massive properties like Toy Story, Get the Nemo stuff out of WDW and Epcot and put here. The balloon ride at Downtown Disney screams UP, A dark ride on the Incredibles and on and on.  From there, you concentrate on Disney's non full animation properties, A MASSIVE Star Wars land, New Indy Stuff like a coaster based on the mine in Temple of Doom and on.

Animal Kingdom, like it has been but with a few more major rides with it's own nighttime show(which is coming) Certain properties lend themselves to Animal Kingdom like The Lion King, The Jungle Book belongs here, Avatar should've gone to Studios in my book. You can do rides without Disneying it up, see the Rapids and Expedition Everest. How about a Volcano type ride? Characters dressing in themed attire is more than enough. Safari Mickey, Yeah.

Disney has shown it can pull off what Universal is pulling off with Harry, the Cars Land at DCA is amazing. I really think Star Wars should be it's own park just based on locations in the movies, the only other film property out there that could pull it off is LOTR and I get the feeling Universal will goad Warner into testing through the courts if it has the theme park rights based on the film adaptions to exploit.

As it stands now, we are going to Orlando on Feb 8th thru Feb 13th. We'll Fast Pass TSM at the 60 day mark so no worries but with what they are planning on doing at DHS, we are going to try to do Animal Kindom in the Morning and early afternoon and finish up at Studio at night and cover both in a day, to squeeze in a day at Universal for the new Potter that we haven't seen yet.