Author Topic: Wild Adventures 2015 ride  (Read 5825 times)

Hollwood

Wild Adventures 2015 ride
« on: October 01, 2014, 01:34:41 PM »
Well, I stoped by Wild Adventures on my way to Florida and had a great time. It was the opening night of Terror In The Wild and also the final BAF day for the season and it was packed! The Magic and Meyham show was really good, I found out after the show that it was all done in house and the magician was the entertainment manager! Talk about pulling double duty! The park looked great and had good energy with the crowd. One interesting sign said "coming in 2015... Height, Drop, Swoosh." I can't imagine what it could mean, and it was in a strange spot in between the Vekoma suspended "Swamp Thing" roller coaster and the First Aid buliding. It's a real small foot print and they already had what looked like metal frames in place. Anything missing from CC as of recent?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 01:36:17 PM by Hollywood »

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Adventures 2015 ride
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 05:27:41 PM »
Roaring Falls?
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 08:12:46 PM »
Roaring Falls was sold to Schlitterbahn
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 08:35:25 PM »
My first thought was drop tower. I know they've got an S&S tower already, but a drop tower is a notably different experience, and they can fit in tight places.

Hollwood

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 06:42:12 AM »
Roaring Falls?

Lol... I said small footprint... It can't be any more than 30X20

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 01:12:28 PM »
Here's the scoop: http://www.wildadventures.com/Newin2015/tabid/774/Default.aspx?icid=NEW%20ride%20for%202015%20HPF

Sounds and looks an awful lot like the flying carpet from Celebration City. Interesting that they are finally able to move the thing. I thought I heard at one point that it was stuck at the property due to some sentimental stipulation from the Branson USA sale. I guess that kind of wears off after six years of being closed for good.

This is a good ride. I was actually rooting for it to come to SDC eventually. Would have been easy to steam punk it and make it look like a steam-powered cog or something. I'm sure it will really do well at Wild Adventures though.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 05:17:36 PM »
The ride was given to the Herschends from the Bonfante family (along with several circus trees) as a gesture of thanks for when the Herschends went out to Bonfante Gardens (now Gilroy Gardens) park to help out with some management details for the non-for profit park in NorCal.  It sounds like the PTB have divided up the circus trees that were at CC and now the carpet is heading out (it will need a lot of work, it was pretty rusted the last time I saw it)
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 05:39:13 PM »
Nettles performing at parks? How's that solo career going ::)