Author Topic: Baldknobbers: Reality TV??  (Read 24660 times)

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Baldknobbers: Reality TV??
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2015, 01:06:11 PM »
I got this in my Facebook news feed this morning and dug a little deeper. But now I cannot seem to find it again. So I will try to remember what I saw. After all the adversity the Mabes have been trough the last 10 years or so I am surprised they are still trying. I would have packed it in a long time ago.

Tim Mabe ( Droopy Drawers JR.)  Had a stroke a little over a year ago. Lost his other son in a tragic way, Lost his father who was the original Droopy.

Brent Mabe  Lost his father who was the original comedian, Had a son who was in a tragic car accident within the last year. Had his mother sell off her part of the business

Brandon Mabe Lost his brother in a tragic way

Denton Mabe  Lost his dad to a unexpected heart attack, Lost his grandfather who was a founding member. His grandmother  sold her part of the show off.

They also lost Stub Meadows to retirement. Probably one of the funniest men Branson ever had.

Maybe this is part of the reason the show has suffered in quality the last few years.  With all this stuff happening it would be easy to  put it all on autopilot and lose focus. I do not think that I would have had the fortitude to even try anymore.

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2015, 06:29:09 PM »
Sounds like they've had their share of hardships for sure. May very well be part of the reason they are doing what they are doing.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2015, 06:08:35 PM »
i forgot to record the last episode! what happened?! who won female vocalist?!
Live life like it's the last day!

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2015, 06:15:35 PM »
The fiance got female vocalist, and the show got best show.

SPOILER---

The investor supposedly doubled his offer, and the parents said no.  The investor then suggested that the engaged couple break away from the family business.  He offered to set them up with their own show.  The whole thing is really contrived.  Sorry I don't have their names.  I don't even want to watch the show, but something else was on before it, and the remote was across the room.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2015, 06:31:41 PM »
I ended up watching all the series and thought it was actually pretty good. A lot better than the Barry thing AKA the Haygood commercial. Looks like they have really bumped up and improved their website over the last few days. A lot more modern look. We have talked to several people who watched the show and they say they cannot wait to go see the Baldknobbers this year. Good, Bad , publicity is publicity.

Wonder what the future for the TV show holds I have read that the ratings improved over the course of the 12 episode run. They did move it into the 10 PM slot when " Better Call Saul " premiered and totally dominated the cable ratings though. Nothing could compete against Saul.

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2015, 08:17:40 PM »
Thanks ya all!!  ;D
Live life like it's the last day!

Country_wolf

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2020, 03:14:25 PM »
I got this in my Facebook news feed this morning and dug a little deeper. But now I cannot seem to find it again. So I will try to remember what I saw. After all the adversity the Mabes have been trough the last 10 years or so I am surprised they are still trying. I would have packed it in a long time ago.

Tim Mabe ( Droopy Drawers JR.)  Had a stroke a little over a year ago. Lost his other son in a tragic way, Lost his father who was the original Droopy.

Brent Mabe  Lost his father who was the original comedian, Had a son who was in a tragic car accident within the last year. Had his mother sell off her part of the business

Brandon Mabe Lost his brother in a tragic way

Denton Mabe  Lost his dad to a unexpected heart attack, Lost his grandfather who was a founding member. His grandmother  sold her part of the show off.

They also lost Stub Meadows to retirement. Probably one of the funniest men Branson ever had.

Maybe this is part of the reason the show has suffered in quality the last few years.  With all this stuff happening it would be easy to  put it all on autopilot and lose focus. I do not think that I would have had the fortitude to even try anymore.

Actually, they lost Stub Meadows due to Firing him. The producers wanted to take the show on the road, and Stub refused. Because they didn't want to pay him and because he didn't do a show in Kansas, they fired him. They had asked him to retire, but he refused.

After firing him, they asked him to do one more show. When he showed up, they had a cake that said "Happy Retirement Stub." They wanted to save face by "announcing Stub's retirement" so that word of them firing him didn't get out.
I find joy in the irony that the same people that fired Stub, got fired by their own family.
What goes around, comes around.

Country_wolf

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2020, 03:22:52 PM »
In case you're wondering, my source is Stub Meadows himself.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2020, 08:01:46 AM »
LOL!!!   

do you realize up until you posted here yesterday, this post was/is 5 years old?

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2020, 01:25:24 PM »
LOL!!!   

do you realize up until you posted here yesterday, this post was/is 5 years old?

It does keep things in context.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2020, 01:37:59 PM »
Why did we need to Lazarus an old thread when we already have a new thread discussing the firing? smh
SWOOSH