Author Topic: Droopy Drawers fired from Baldknobbers  (Read 3243 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Droopy Drawers fired from Baldknobbers
« on: January 11, 2020, 11:51:16 AM »
https://www.ozarksfirst.com/local-news/local-news-local-news/son-fires-his-father-from-branson-family-show/amp/

BRANSON, Mo. — A major change is coming to what is known as Branson’s first show.

The famous Baldknobbers after-show manager, Brandon Mabe, fired his father, Tim Mabe.

Tim played a character named ‘Droopy Drawers’ in the show.

Brandon, Tim and his wife, Patty Mabe, posted their feelings about the family shake-up on Facebook.

Patty wrote asking for prayers because they had just recently filed bankruptcy trying to keep another of their businesses going.

She continued to write that she was in shock and grieving not only for Tim losing the job he loved but for the loss of a 60-year-old legacy and legend, Droopy Drawers.

In response to the posts by his parents, Brandon posted that he loves his father and that every decision is made with the best interest of the family, business, partners and cast.

Fans and friends of the Baldknobbers are passionately coming out on different sides of the issue on social media

“I don’t know all the gist about it,” said Dee Dee Sanders, a Branson resident. “But, I just feel sad because they’re one of our founding families and I hate that something like this would have to happen.”

“I’ve worked with the family for most of my life and it’s really hard,” said MaryAnn Rivero, Branson resident. “Unless you’re right in the middle of it..you don’t really know what to do.”

SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Droopy Drawers fired from Baldknobbers
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 02:40:54 PM »
Saw this 3 or 4 days ago.. ::) ::)   ::) ::)

Its the Baldknobbers.... :-\ :-\ 
LOL, 
No loss, 
Changing of the guard,
Kid is taking over.
They have done stupider stuff in their past history,, LOL

Next!!

Country_wolf

• View Profile
Re: Droopy Drawers fired from Baldknobbers
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 03:30:16 PM »
Not surprised nor am I unhappy. What goes around comes around.
Guess this is karma for firing Stub Meadows. And before you bring up "he retired, he wasn't fired," no. He was fired. They wanted to take the show on the road and Stub refused. Because he didn't do a show in Kansas, they asked him to retire. When he refused to retire (as he had been working there for 30 years) they fired him. Asked him to come back and do one more show. When he showed up, they announced his retirement and gave him a cake.

Source: Stub Meadows