Author Topic: flooded mine question  (Read 48619 times)

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: flooded mine question
« Reply #120 on: June 27, 2013, 06:39:55 PM »
Reviving an old thread...

This came up today on SDC's Facebook page. They posted an old picture of the Flooded Mine, and there were several comments (before I added my own) about not liking the shootout.

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 27, 2013, 08:51:22 PM »
I had forgotten about the strobe light and the saw. That was cool.  But I feel like that wasn't always there.  Could be wrong.  And I too miss the guy on the rock at the end.

I can understand people don't like the shoot out part of it.  The ride is still a favorite of mine, however.  Rode it twice this year and enjoyed both times.  I remember when the wait for that ride was much longer...and you would actually have to wait on the bridge and stop by the guard house thing and have time to look in it the line was so long.  Haven't had that in a long time thanks to the new rides.  Hope new people find their way to it.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 27, 2013, 09:25:55 PM »
I grew to love that ride before any others in the park. Before i rode FITH, and the log flume, the Original Flooded mine was my ride I looked forward to. That, and the treehouse!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #123 on: June 27, 2013, 09:42:03 PM »
Well I DO LIKE the shootout aspect of the ride.  So :P
SWOOSH

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 27, 2013, 10:04:50 PM »
when i was a kid, i remember it took almost a week to get the song out of my head.
and, does anyone remember the last scene when they had styrafoam rocks fall onto a net & you would hear -- " look out! its a rock slide! look out below!! "  :D
Live life like it's the last day!

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 28, 2013, 09:22:39 AM »
I like to play that song on the mandolin just to torture my kiddos

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 28, 2013, 10:39:03 AM »
when i was a kid, i remember it took almost a week to get the song out of my head.
and, does anyone remember the last scene when they had styrafoam rocks fall onto a net & you would hear -- " look out! its a rock slide! look out below!! "  :D

That scene inspired a nightmare I had as a kid about a real cave in on the ride.

I'm another feller who prefers it the old way--I'd love to have that nightmare again  :D

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 28, 2013, 12:35:45 PM »
I like the shootout aspect, but it'd be nice to have lighter "guns" with triggers that were easier to pull, especially for the little ones.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 01, 2013, 01:31:48 PM »
The sootout aspect takes away from the ride, because the old dialogue is lost. maybe they could just take the volume way down on the guns and it would make it better. not Sure