Author Topic: YOU can change 1 thing at SDC. No $ limits....1 thing.  (Read 9880 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
YOU can change 1 thing at SDC. No $ limits....1 thing.
« on: September 20, 2014, 09:47:14 PM »
  What would you choose?
1 thing, entity, show or attraction.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: YOU can change 1 thing at SDC. No $ limits....1 thing.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 10:43:16 PM »
Bring back the Rube Dugan's Diving Bell

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 06:30:27 AM »
More advertising - commercials, especially more recognition about the cave.
Live life like it's the last day!

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 09:41:24 AM »
Add a highly themed Omnimover style dark ride.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 10:27:51 AM »
I am with you on the omnimover

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 11:05:10 AM »
I would like to see a redo of Fire in the hole, not a teardown but a revamp of the ride leaving a lot of old but adding more new,  including a new drop even.  Close all the incoming light and turn up the theme music.  Add the old track back in and show the ride some love without taking away the history.  Add a gift shop to the exit with some neat fire related stuff ( I like my shirt I got this year).  Rekindle the theming instead of dumbing it down.  I am afraid if they tore it down and started again the character of the ride would be lost so just a revamp would be great.

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 08:24:15 PM »
Well. I guess I would change (more than 1 thing) but only 1 subject. --- I would add shows. I would like to see every theater have shows all season. (indoor and outdoor). Maybe keep a sort of comedy show, a sort of musical type show, and lots of music shows. definitely at least 1 kids show.

I know it may be rough to have shows keep in the 1800s theme. However they should be able to have shows in the "current" festival theme, that would occupy the theaters.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

wascator

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 09:38:02 PM »
I would pay $12 for a hamburger and fries, and they would be HOT and a more generous portion of fries.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 10:07:43 PM »
I wish Fish Camp would return.  Before the fish was bad, it was really, really good!  ;D  And, I like Qwed's idea for more shows.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 12:04:51 AM »
I would tear out AP and construct a new mountain type flume attraction. Similar to Splash Mountain at WDW, but it would also have a coaster in addition to the flume. I am talking a huge mountain.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 07:35:57 AM »
I agree they could use more shows at all times.

wascator

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 09:17:03 AM »
Bluegrass, etc. would fit right in and be a little different fromt eh highly-produced shows in town.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2014, 12:04:50 PM »
Bluegrass was always the music playing until the last few years.  I wish it was still that way.  There seems to be a surge among young people to listen to bluegrass this past year or so.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2014, 03:53:15 PM »
No matter my age (started going to the City when I was 8) I always loved hearing the live bluegrass music flowing through the City. I really think they could have more of this throughout the park.

But if I could change 1 thing at SDC without spending limits I would expand the park and make a loop that connected the Wildfire dead end with the Powder Keg dead end. In this park expansion (1 thing with multiple elements) I would add an interactive family ride (something like the diving bell but it could be themed to another invention from Doc, rework the AP, add some shops and a restaurant overlooking the valley.

But if that doesn't count and is considered more that one thing. The one thing I would like to see changed is fix all the effects on the rides and in the park so they work as designed (does that qualify as a single item?).

Jay

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2014, 05:04:00 PM »
I don't know if this is my "one thing", but it hasn't been mentioned yet, and I think it would make a pleasant difference:

Train all employees and contractors to remain in character!  Give them a constantly-tweeked list of ad libs.  Teach them to be more than 21st Century people in 19th Century costume.  This includes ride operators, shop clerks, custodial staff, and everybody else.  Practice with them ways in which they may greet one another when passing in the City, ways to publicly interact with peers, visitors (adults, kids, teens, elderly).  Give them permission to have a little fun on their way from one place to another.  There's no need for a scheduled show with characters on the square when little interactions like these are allowed all the time everywhere.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating