Author Topic: A News blip from Screamscape on a new offering in Disneyland, what do you think?  (Read 3708 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
 Cut and pasted from Screamscape
http://screamscape.com/html/disneyland.htm#General

General Park News -  (9/2/14) Disneyland fans may want to take careful note of the attractions that take your picture. While I know many of us have gotten to the point that you just walk on by Disneyland has been testing a new PhotoPass service where they will send the picture to your mobile device for just 99 cents on Splash Mountain and a few other attractions, which is a steal compared to the normal rates, plus you don’t have to carry a picture around with you all day long.

What are your thoughts?  I have seen the thumb drives and the photos they offer at SDC but they are so high I am not willing to buy them on impulse. ( These photos are nothing but impulse purchases)  Bringing down the price really makes some sense. I may be willing to part with a buck for a ride photo.  On top of this is they are selling them then the purchasers will be posting them on Facebook ext. giving free advertising to the company.  Maybe even a $10 package for a photo from all the rides sent to your cell.  Very smart idea.
 Thoughts?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 06:53:09 PM by mhguy77 »

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
I guess disney sees this as if we take the picture regardless, why not sell more cheaper and make morw money through volume sales.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
I will not partake of it, but I have never bought a picture on any ride anywhere. Never even look at them. But for those that do, I guess it is a cheap way to get your photo.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
I think its smart, they are there already maning those booths and I don't often see them selling photos.  I bet if they made then .99 and emailed them to your phone they would see an immediate increase in sales.   Now some of you may say that it cheapens things but if Disney is doing it there is a reason.  That seems like a fair price for something in a otherwise expensive experience.  Lets face it, none of the parks are what I would refer to as thrifty places to go.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 10:12:09 PM by mhguy77 »

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
I wonder, though, if these mobile pics also include the license to print them. That's typically why it costs so much to get them on the USB is because you're buying the license to print them yourself at places like Walmart, etc.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
I think its smart, they are there already maning those booths and I don't often see them selling photos.  I bet if they made then .99 and emailed them to your phone they would see an immediate increase in sales.   Now some of you may say that it cheapens things but if Disney is doing it there is a reason.  That seems like a fair price for something in a otherwise expensive experience.  Lets face it, none of the parks are what I would refer to as thrifty places to go.

They still are pushing the Memory Maker thing where the pics taken at various rides and character meet and greets and other ops that are uploaded to the magic band for a flat price. Going Feb 8th to 13th to WDW. As if I've hadn't enough of Frozen, that was the theme of the performance of the U of A band at halftime today.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
As if I've hadn't enough of Frozen, that was the theme of the performance of the U of A band at halftime today.

Ah come on... Just let it go...

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
As if I've hadn't enough of Frozen, that was the theme of the performance of the U of A band at halftime today.

Ah come on... Just let it go...

The did play War Pigs later on.