Author Topic: SDC's 2016 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 180385 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC's 2016 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #225 on: August 13, 2015, 05:56:37 PM »
I would be tickled if they tried to make the area fit more with the park's theme. 
But that probably won't happen... So I'll settle for the elephants leaving and the kiddie frogs/bugs rides moving to HDH. 
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #226 on: August 13, 2015, 06:35:44 PM »
lol, I've given up trying to keep these project threads focused... as long as they don't get too off base.  ::)

I was never expecting much, but I'll hold out hope for a new show and maybe something to spice GE and/or HDH back up. Really just any attention for GE is needed, but I hope a major refurbishment/re-model is on the way soon.

This is about the time that anything major would be announced, but smaller stuff sometimes gets announced later, like in Sept. - Oct., or even early Nov. when passes go on sale.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #227 on: August 13, 2015, 10:35:47 PM »
A Grand Exposition remodel is needed, it would be nice if they would completely re theme the area to match the 1880s theme better and maybe some new rides added to the area. But, I don't know if they would do this project the year after Fireman's Landing.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 13, 2015, 11:04:18 PM »
Why?  The two sections really cater to different age groups.  Being an "off year" this would be the perfect time to address some of the issues of the area.
SWOOSH

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 14, 2015, 07:49:46 AM »
They better not take out those Frogs/bug kiddie rides!!!!

That frog ride might as well be the kiddie version of Outlaw Run in my kids world.  We go straight to them in the morning and get a few rides in to avoid the 30-45 waits later in the day:)  Not kidding.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 14, 2015, 08:58:51 AM »
MOVE not REmove
SWOOSH

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 14, 2015, 11:46:17 AM »
Would it be possible to connect GE with the FL?  expand the loop?  close off the path at the RR crossing?

Not sure if I'd like that or not.....but I've wondered the past few years if that was in the long term plans and I haven't been this year to see how FL got laid out.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 14, 2015, 01:32:16 PM »
Possible? Yeah. Practical?  No. 
They need to leave BOH access to RGHH and if you were to connect the two that would go away.  That and the fact both were heralded as one way in one way out for child safety.
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 14, 2015, 04:53:14 PM »
2016.  If I had to guess, I would imagine we'll see more changes going on in Midtown and I am going to go out on a limb and predict that we see some changes in Grand Expo.  I have nothing to back either up, just gut hunches (and selfish reasons).

Getting something (anything) in Grand Expo would be a good thing I think. The last few trips we've made to SDC we never went back to that part of the park because there just isn't anything "new" or that "we have to ride" that draws us back there.

Jay

My kids love the Disk o and wave swing. The Boy loves the Hymalaya-esque ships ride but but has decided it's too.tame after loving the one on the Pleasure Pier.

I'm at Whitewater as I post this they just need to close it, bulldoze it and start over

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 14, 2015, 08:15:03 PM »
I'm at Whitewater as I post this they just need to close it, bulldoze it and start over
We don't go anymore and have no plans.  It is behind the times and not doing anything measurable to keep up.   I agree, dose it and do something else with the property. 

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 15, 2015, 01:55:47 PM »
We don't go anymore and have no plans.  It is behind the times and not doing anything measurable to keep up.   I agree, dose it and do something else with the property. 

First, yes I know this belongs in a Whitewater thread. Second, I can't help myself

As my 13 year old girl summed up rather well when asked why Whitewhiter was better that Wild River Country in NLR was that it was nice,. Nice as in it's overall theme, landscaping, looks.When pressed my son said the sides at Wild River Country  were better.  This was the third non Disney waterpark of the year, with Magic Springs being their favorite of the three. The kids did love Kapau Plummet, but man did HFE really chicken out on it. It really isn't an aqua loop, after the drop, the slide never really goes upward, it's flat.

Here is the addition at Wild River Counrty, see how after the drop the loop goes up, Kapau is flat.

WRC

WW

Wild River went with one drop tube and two other different slides, I'm told one of the non drop tube slides kinda replicate a popular slide at the park because this area See pic, area to the left) is slated for a big change. I'll miss the old school rapids chute and pointed out that Whitewater once had that yesterday.

Like the girl said, WRC offers as much fun, Whitewhiter is better themed and dressed up.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 15, 2015, 05:29:28 PM »
If I'm going somewhere in the winter it sure is not going to be Branson, MO. It will be a warm weather climate. Probably Mexico or somewhere in the Caribbean. I guess these indoor water parks have their  fanboys but its not for me. Not much of a fan of the onsite resort idea myself. Try as they might HFE and Branson will never be Disney. I would rather see the capital invested in the park itself.

Yup, me either!  I'm going to head to Colorado ski country or save my money for a bigger warm spring vacation location.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 15, 2015, 09:27:37 PM »
If I'm going somewhere in the winter it sure is not going to be Branson, MO. It will be a warm weather climate. Probably Mexico or somewhere in the Caribbean. I guess these indoor water parks have their  fanboys but its not for me. Not much of a fan of the onsite resort idea myself. Try as they might HFE and Branson will never be Disney. I would rather see the capital invested in the park itself.

Yup, me either!  I'm going to head to Colorado ski country or save my money for a bigger warm spring vacation location.

Does Florida count? That's where we are going with the band this December.
SWOOSH

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 19, 2015, 08:36:34 AM »
First: The Leaping Frogs, are the Dalmatians in FL the same thing but with dogs?

I am seriously not wanting to see anything new in the way of rides/attractions. I would like to see some TLC into the areas that need it. I dont go into GE really so I am not sure what needs done to that area. We do like the Disc-O. That is about it. FM and FitH  could use it. I know, they can only do so much before the whole wheelchair accessible law gets brought up. I would like to see new kitschy signs like in the past. The little things to keep up the theme of the place.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 19, 2015, 08:09:55 PM »
I asked the same question to 2 employees. Yes, the dogs are the same as the frogs. I asked, Why would they have 2 of the same ride, in the same park, in different locations? It doesnt make any sense. They both said the dogs are more bouncy. The frogs are less bouncy. No matter how bouncy either one is, I still dont understand why they would do this.