Author Topic: A lot of foreign girls working this summer?  (Read 2541 times)

SummerFun

• View Profile
A lot of foreign girls working this summer?
« on: August 03, 2008, 05:23:15 PM »
 ??? What is with all of the foreign girls working the rides this year? You can hardly understand them. I have noticed this at SDC and CC. I asked the two working Thunderstion one day if they lived here of went to school here. I don't think they understood me. I just think it looks bad for the city. An all-american 1800's theme park and all.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 05:28:14 PM by SummerFun »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: A lot of foreign girls working this summer?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 05:31:43 PM »
The language thing is always an issue, but look at Branson: there's no workers left in the area. SDC and CC both have to import people through some kind of special college foreign-exchange program - it's the only way they can fill the jobs. Sometimes you'll run into a person who hasn't mastered all dialects of english yet, but they're usually pretty well trained.

the insider

Re: A lot of foreign girls working this summer?
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 07:26:10 PM »
the International students that work for us at the park do a great job, they work hard, and they show up every day.
the language issue can be a bit frustrating for the guests, but without them you would have some really long lines on busy days or worse yet rides and food areas unable to open due to lack of staff.  there are just to many jobs and not enough available workers
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 07:55:36 PM by the insider »