Author Topic: Ride The Ducks  (Read 11879 times)

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Ride The Ducks
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2010, 07:42:23 PM »
not a duck fan.....never appealed to me to sit in a boat/car andd drive around witha buncha strangers and drive around the lake that I have seen. I could get the info they tell ya on the internet cheaper. I dunno, party pooper I guess but just think of if it were to capsize and you are trying to save your family with 20 other families trying to save theirs..............that spells fun.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 07:46:49 PM »
You'd be surprised at the experience - it's quite entertaining, as well as educational, and it's not contrived at all.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2010, 08:07:39 PM »
WHAT?????? :o :o :o    A  "non-duck" fan??    say it isnt so!!!!  Come on, take your SDC pass.  Get your discount and ride the table rock ducks.. May be a little cool now, Need a warm summer day, with the wind blowing in the windows for full effect, BUT " try it, you will like it"..  Oh yes, 1 more thing. Sit in the front 1/2 of the vehicle if you can.. ;)

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2010, 08:28:17 PM »
I can sit outside with the fan on for the warm breeze with my laptop watching a video of the ducks while my hubby gently mists me with a spray bottle from the dollar store....

cost:
50 cents for spray bottle
4.50 cents internet usage for the day
2.00 to run fan for 2 hours
Cost: 7.00...........and I stayed home and didnt capsize.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2010, 11:30:01 PM »
Oh, come on be a (duck) quack! I say try it before you hate it. That would be the same as me telling you how bad Silver Dollar City is without ever steping foot inside of the park. ;)

Life is short; go out and experience. Just saying. :P

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2010, 07:25:46 AM »
Plus ya get to blow them lil' quacker thingys at other boats & drive everyone crazy! On our tour, we was by a golf course & when this girl putted her shot, we blew as hard as we could & she missed her shot! Priceless.. :D
Live life like it's the last day!

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2010, 09:25:51 AM »
It's not about the vehicle;
It's not about the splash.

It's totally about an experience that you can't get in another setting.  The Ducks are not boring.

Of course, if you have a real fear of capsizing, that's a whole other reason, and I can respect that.  The good news is:  there aren't many barges in the Branson lakes.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 09:26:31 AM by History Buff »
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2010, 10:56:51 AM »
I've ridden the ducks three or four times and have enjoyed it each time...my family loves the experience and my four boys love the quackers and driving the duck...We actually enjoyed the Branson Landing cruise the most but both are great...The guides are very funny and share very interesting info...give it a try...
Colorado SDC Fan

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2010, 01:51:41 PM »
your right.. try it...  The information about the area and history is great.  the landing ducks actually tour the college of the ozarks and the driver gives a lot of history and current info..  Sorry i find it hard to believe u dont like it, but yet have not tried it yet.... AND as previously stated NO barges.  Just the showboat and they stay out of the way!!!!...  LOL.....  few days to go.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2010, 03:07:26 PM »
see post under General SDC/CC Talk Page 3 Post 19...........somehow I wanna pass on the ducks.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2010, 06:52:51 PM »
If I get one of those quack whistles, can I give to my six year old daughter and make her take it to the ex's house?

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2010, 07:02:14 PM »
^^  So what soes HFE getting sued about somethin that happened when a barge driver was not paying attention have to do with the Ducks in Branson?   Last time I checked there were no barges in Branson
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2010, 08:13:35 PM »
absolutely! send the whistles to the ex's house.  we like to take the nieces and nephews and send them home with them.   we have even taken the whistles and given them for christmas gifts.  LOL......

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2010, 10:53:45 PM »
not a duck fan.....never appealed to me to sit in a boat/car andd drive around witha buncha strangers and drive around the lake that I have seen. I could get the info they tell ya on the internet cheaper. I dunno, party pooper I guess but just think of if it were to capsize and you are trying to save your family with 20 other families trying to save theirs..............that spells fun.
LOL...Hummm, choice 1- riding around the beautiful Ozarks countryside and going for a cruise on a beautiful lake.
Choice 2- riding around a parking lot full of cars in a green tram.  ???  I think I'll take choice 1.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2010, 08:34:54 AM »
choice 1 please. ;D thanks you.    with a side trip of SDC of course.... ::)