Author Topic: Powder Keg Backstory  (Read 2610 times)

bradhig

• View Profile
Powder Keg Backstory
« on: August 02, 2008, 07:53:52 PM »
What's the story for Powder Keg?  Are they loading a train full of explosives when someone sets some off by accident?

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: Powder Keg Backstory
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 10:13:58 PM »
Powder Keg is built around the Marvel Cave theme, though this really needs to be explained better because it's pretty cool.  Docspeleo tells me that they tell more about PK's story on the lantern tour in the cave.  If you watch the signs around the area, it's about mining the bat guano and saltpeter.  These were used in explosives and specifically in dynamite, hence the display in the queue.

Does anyone have the words to the music they played in the queue when the ride opened?  Do they still play the music or has it gone away like the music on AP?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 02:53:06 PM »
I'm pretty sure the theme song is still there, it was playing incessantly last I was there.  ::)

They really didn't do much of a job of giving PK a story. I mean, there really is no story, the ride is simply themed around bat guano and it's explosive properties.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 11:43:09 AM »
I think it has something to do with powderkegs being stored in the Buzzsaw mill. They exploded, and what's left is what we see now... That's why there's a boat from Buzzsaw Falls embedded in the roof of PK's queue and the one track piece is blackened and messed up on top.

At least, that's what I recall...

~ "Becky" Joy ~