Author Topic: VERRUCKT - Schlitterbahn Kansas City 2013  (Read 32007 times)

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: VERRUCKT - Schlitterbahn Kansas City 2013
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2014, 06:23:26 AM »
You must have hit a bad day.  We enjoyed our day there, last year, and found Schlitterbahn to be very unique among waterparks.  The greatest improvement that's needed is shade, shade, and more shade.  Sitting on the Kansas prairie, you would have thought someone would have done something about that.  The other thing might be to put a maximum capacity on admission.  Waiting in some of the lines can be a real pain.

This waterpark feels different than others.  More of a swimmin' hole atmosphere.  Less sterile.  More homemade.  Less plastic.  It just has a different personality.

Granted, Verruckt has been a fiasco since conception.  I wouldn't even want to get on the thing.

I found the whole place unorganized. Even the smaller slides were a fiasco. You have 2 towers with 3 slides each. ! attendant on top who has to watch 3 slides and try to determine if the coast is clear at the bottom for all 3. Most waterparks I have been to have a signal light system to inform the attendant of all clear. This made things very slow. And they just very short on thrill. Very poorly run. Next time in KC it will be WOF for me.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: VERRUCKT - Schlitterbahn Kansas City 2013
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2014, 07:30:35 AM »
We went last year and it was very busy  but the rapid river and the wave river were the kids fav because it allowed us to hand with each other. I just got back from the Galveston Bahn and it has tons of shade structure which was nice. The water coasters there was basically two of the same one. It has the two with round family rafts and a was just more comprehensive in slides comparex to KC.All slides had plenty of attendees manning them. KC has tons of room though and you see they are going for cheap incentives to expand. All I heard in Galveston was New Braunfels, New Braunfels, New Braunfels.

If Whitewater put in a wave river around the area they seem  be expanding with the new Kau Pau ride(such a wasted opportunity) along with a nice water coaster and new slide complex with the newer style slides they'd be up there. Thing is White water had the rapids in a tube once and that's what shillerbahn seems to excel in