Author Topic: TV program to feature SDC  (Read 31865 times)

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
Re: TV program to feature SDC
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2014, 01:26:52 PM »
It was said in my first conversation with the gentleman from the casting agency, but I don't remember the exact title.

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2014, 03:59:22 PM »
This program is a work in progress. As soon as producers make a selection, I'm sure more details will be released. We should hear back from New York very soon now.
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2014, 10:42:57 AM »
I was told that when they sent along the screen tests, they would go to the network, and a decision should be made this week with them notifying the person directly...well... it is Friday, and I was told that if I didn't hear, to know what the outcome was... so I know that since we haven't heard anything yet, that likely means they went another direction/ chose someone else. Not being a pessimist, just letting all know what I have heard!

I am eager to see what the show does turn out like regardless of who the "fan" is. I just like getting to see the City when I can't physically be there!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2014, 09:44:21 PM »
I was holding out hope, but I always kind of expected them to go a certain direction with this show, assuming it even ultimately becomes reality. Most of these shows are pretty cookie-cutter and they all feature "normal" but personable people who call themselves "enthusiasts", who all make predictable, generic statements that fit the given park's marketing agenda. Honestly these shows are basically just commercials for the parks, and they have no interest on showing off anything but the coasters and how awesome they all supposedly are. I caught an episode of "Extreme Rides" or whatever its called the other night, and they were gushing over White Cyclone at Nagashima Spaland - a ride that real enthusiasts consistently rank near the bottom of all coasters anywhere.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2014, 09:53:54 PM »
I know the projected film date, and lets just say, there is very little time if they do notify someone this next week. There will always be a "chance" until that day comes, but the chances are becoming even more slim by the day. He did tell me that they did cut it close and had to get a new fan for one park already and they only had 2 days. Though there's more than 2 days, it is unfortunately very doubtful that it will turn into an opportunity for one of us. There's always a chance though!

Can't say I wasn't let down Friday, and that I wasn't looking at my phone at various times to assure I hadn't missed a call, but hey, noting lost nothing gained!

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2014, 09:58:56 PM »
We'll see.  He has done a couple of things that were different than what he said.  All in all, he is the casting agent, and the producers and network tell him what to do - not the other way around.

shave, I think this will be a GAC offering, so perhaps the focus is a little different.  Candidates were asked about food, favorite attractions, the feel of the park, and what about SDC makes them nostalgic.  Candidates were asked about their first trips and memories, etc.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2014, 10:29:55 AM »
Well folks, the waiting is over.  :-\

I was contacted by the production company/ casting director yesterday and I was picked to be the SDC fan for the program which will be filming very soon for GAC.

I hope that I will represent you all, and the park well. I know it has been my happy place for 33 years, but I feel more pressure from all of you to uphold, and represent all of the things we hold dear, than I do being on TV.

I am supposed to be contacted shortly regarding what types of locations I am supposed to be showcasing. I assume it will be a cookie cutter type format, the best food, the best quiet spot, the best ride, the best _______, so that all shows have similar formats.

Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it!

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2014, 11:26:27 AM »
Well folks, the waiting is over.  :-\

I was contacted by the production company/ casting director yesterday and I was picked to be the SDC fan for the program which will be filming very soon for GAC.

I hope that I will represent you all, and the park well. I know it has been my happy place for 33 years, but I feel more pressure from all of you to uphold, and represent all of the things we hold dear, than I do being on TV.

I am supposed to be contacted shortly regarding what types of locations I am supposed to be showcasing. I assume it will be a cookie cutter type format, the best food, the best quiet spot, the best ride, the best _______, so that all shows have similar formats.

Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it!

Congrats Rube! I know you'll do a great job.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2014, 12:14:08 PM »
Happy dance~ you'll do fine  ;D
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2014, 01:45:48 PM »
Good luck Rube!

sdcfan60

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2014, 01:47:35 PM »
Congratulations !

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2014, 04:23:42 PM »
Congratulations and all best wishes...I know you will be an EXCELLENT representative for sdcfans.com and the park! Hope you enjoy yourself. When you know additional details about the shoot and when the show will air, please pass it along. Again, CONGRATULATIONS!  :)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2014, 04:26:24 PM »
Congratulations!  I told everyone you would be the one to get this.  You just fit the demographic better than the rest of us, and you probably came across better in the video interview.  Now we'll all get to critique everything you say and do.  I suggest you make fun of the host's hair at every turn.

Maybe we can all help you come up with some great "adlibs" to say throughout the day!
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2014, 06:52:53 PM »
Let me hear what you got HB!

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2014, 07:03:46 PM »
History Buff, Joy, and I were the others in the running for this...it was fun just going though the interview and selection process. Again, best of luck and have fun, Rube!