Author Topic: Six Flags Over Texas Survey  (Read 2906 times)

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Six Flags Over Texas Survey
« on: July 08, 2014, 11:17:15 AM »
I got the most awful "future" attractions survey from Six Flags. The three new attractions they promoted were:

1. Cell Phone Charging Stations/Social Media update stations. This would be kiosks placed around the park where you can update your Facebook, etc. and charge your phone. - My thoughts: Why isn't there just cell phone charging stations placed around the park as a service to your park guests? We update our social status by phone anyway so no need for computer stations. And why would this be considered as an attraction - this is a service in my mind, and something they should have already been providing.

2. Coaster Theater. You are strapped into a coaster car but experience the coaster without ever leaving the ground. - My thoughts: this just sounds like one of those "coaster simulators" that you can find at pizza buffets. I really didn't find this interesting......but if they constructed something like Spiderman, now that would be cool, but from the description - it was just going to be watching a coaster on a screen which I think is very blah.

3. Private Suites. Suites you can rent that are air-conditioned, have TV's, etc. - My thoughts: I do not want little suites to pop up all over the park, if you put these in the group picnic area it may work, but I really do not like this idea for just a select number of people and as an upcharge. Just provide some more relaxing areas of the park for your guest to enjoy. Enclose some of the restaurant areas and provide air conditioning, or construct a large pavilion that can be used by everyone. Frontier City has something like this that blends really well with the park.

Anyway, I am just concerned that Six Flags thinks these are attractions. I get the Coaster Theater as being billed as such......but a phone charging station and Private Suites? Those last two items should just be amenities that are provided to guests to better their experience at the park.

Jay

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: Six Flags Over Texas Survey
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 11:57:12 AM »
I got the most awful "future" attractions survey from Six Flags. The three new attractions they promoted were:

1. Cell Phone Charging Stations/Social Media update stations. This would be kiosks placed around the park where you can update your Facebook, etc. and charge your phone. - My thoughts: Why isn't there just cell phone charging stations placed around the park as a service to your park guests? We update our social status by phone anyway so no need for computer stations. And why would this be considered as an attraction - this is a service in my mind, and something they should have already been providing.

2. Coaster Theater. You are strapped into a coaster car but experience the coaster without ever leaving the ground. - My thoughts: this just sounds like one of those "coaster simulators" that you can find at pizza buffets. I really didn't find this interesting......but if they constructed something like Spiderman, now that would be cool, but from the description - it was just going to be watching a coaster on a screen which I think is very blah.

3. Private Suites. Suites you can rent that are air-conditioned, have TV's, etc. - My thoughts: I do not want little suites to pop up all over the park, if you put these in the group picnic area it may work, but I really do not like this idea for just a select number of people and as an upcharge. Just provide some more relaxing areas of the park for your guest to enjoy. Enclose some of the restaurant areas and provide air conditioning, or construct a large pavilion that can be used by everyone. Frontier City has something like this that blends really well with the park.

Anyway, I am just concerned that Six Flags thinks these are attractions. I get the Coaster Theater as being billed as such......but a phone charging station and Private Suites? Those last two items should just be amenities that are provided to guests to better their experience at the park.

Jay

Waterpark like cabanas but enclosed with air and tv. I can not fathom the insane pricing they would slap on that.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 12:01:16 PM »
Sounds like a poorly put together survey, but it sounds like they're simply trying to gauge whether it's worth the expense of implementing these little services + the simulator. The phone charging stations are a no-brainer with the social media gimmick just being a marketing ploy to get people to advertise the park to their friends for them.

I don't know what to think about the private suites though. Private suites are already changing the landscape of sports, not sure I want to see where their impact leads theme parks. Probably not as bad as the pay to skip the lines schemes we already have though. And who wants to sit around and watch TV at a theme park?

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 02:16:02 PM »
You are right that the survey was poor.

Which describes your interest in this attraction (Phone charging stations)?
1. We would make a special, previously unscheduled trip to the park to experience this attraction
2. If we were thinking about a trip to the park, this would make us definitely go
3. Next time we visit the park, we will definitely visit this attraction
4. If we happen to be in the area of the attraction we might check it out
5. No interest, and wouldn’t make any effort to experience
6. We would make every effort to avoid this attraction

It really was hard to answer the questions. Would I drive out of my way for a phone charging station?.....um, maybe, but not to a six flags...I'd just find a Target and buy one.

And the description of the simulator ride was very vague.....what I read, I didn't find exciting at all. You can do so much with simulators, but what they described was "hey sit down in this coaster car, and watch this film of a coaster".

So you were right - just a very poor survey.

Jay