Author Topic: "Over 100 Demonstrating Craftsmen"  (Read 3642 times)

Parson B Ready

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
"Over 100 Demonstrating Craftsmen"
« on: May 22, 2014, 08:10:47 PM »
A recent SDC brochure promoting "Celebrate America" states that there are "over 100 demonstrating craftsmen creating all-American treasures right before your very eyes!"

It would be interesting to see if we could list them all, if not by name then by craft.  I find it hard to believe that there are a hundred on park at any given time, but then again, there may be. I hope so!

Hollwood

Re: "Over 100 Demonstrating Craftsmen"
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 08:40:24 PM »
The "over 100" is going to encompass the entire season. Most of them will be during fall fest.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 10:10:09 PM »
100 craftsmen isn't a huge number. Think of how many there are at just the big shops such as the wood carvers and painters. Then you've got all the little booths with the less authentic crafts such as signs, spray-painted shirts, and those little parasols with marker drawings on them.

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 10:56:38 PM »
I really miss the old woodcarver shop.  Seems like there was more carving and more "hillbilly" and history themed carvings.  Used to buy a lot more stuff there.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 06:59:46 PM »
yea if you think about it for instance....

Glass Blowers, at any given time there are at least 3 at a time, figure 2 or 3 shifts....  that is 8-10 "craftsmen" right there....

I can see 100 easy......... then if you do the whole season.....

Ozark Woodcarver

• McCoy
  • Demonstrating Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Artists Page
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 02:13:14 PM »
I am very proud to be one of roughly 40 guest woodcarvers at valley road.  We rotate in and out through the season, and some come a mighty long way to participate.  Everyone is different depending on when they're available and can schedule around the other things in life that happen regularly.  That shows you how much we all love doing it!

I usually average 20 to 30 days per year carving, in addition to a full time career in NW Arkansas, and am the resident mantel carver.  Pam Gresham is the full time master craftsman at the shop, and she's responsible for the oversight and administration of the guest carver program.

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 07:44:30 PM »
We appreciate you coming to demonstrate at SDC woodcarver!
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.