Author Topic: 3 new businesses to open soon.,..  (Read 1735 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
3 new businesses to open soon.,..
« on: May 10, 2014, 04:16:57 PM »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: 3 new businesses to open soon.,..
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 10:12:38 PM »
It's very interesting. It sounds like a lot of good development on the surface, but I'm cautious to get too excited over it yet because I want to see how much funding is behind it and how all of this will actually be implemented. A dinosaur museum could be amazing for the area, but only if they're actually willing to fork over a couple million and actually get some interesting displays and a classy facility. With them throwing three attractions together at once, I'm questioning how much quality each will be able to afford.

It's also odd that they are throwing BB guns and the U.S. Military together into a museum... did someone just have a bunch of old BB guns that needed to be put somewhere? It sounds tacky and doesn't make me confident about their business acumen.

Oh wait, I went back and read the article more carefully and now that I look at where they're putting all this stuff I'm not impressed. It's an old little strip mall and the old waltzing waters theatre. Meh, might be worth checking out, but probably not quite the marquee attraction I was thinking of when I read the headline.