Author Topic: Hello, and some memories.  (Read 2584 times)

Bpendragon

• Go big or go home: Carpe Vita!
    • View Profile
Hello, and some memories.
« on: April 12, 2014, 12:22:58 AM »
Hello to all you fellow SDC Fans, I'm Bpendragon (and that's what you'll see me as everywhere but reddit, I'm PendragonDaGreat there).

I'm from the Seattle area but am currently attending classes at College of the Ozarks.

My parents are alumna of CofO (though they were the last class that was technically SofO in 1990) so I was introduced to the park at a relatively young age.

My first memory of the park would have been in November 2000 (Homecoming for my parents), I remember that my younger brother absolutely loved the foam balls at Geyser Gulch as well as LROTO. My favorite ride was Buzzsaw Falls, which displayed prominently in several of my creative writing efforts growing up.

I didn't actually get back to the park until last year. As part of my Christmas gift before leaving for CofO (I came in January 2013) they bought me a season pass. It's just as much fun as I remember it. I am sad that Buzzsaw Falls was taken out, but Powder Keg is a great amount of fun, especially with the offset system, thought that seems to break down fairly often.

Even though I'm a CS Major (Math Minor) history of places has always intrigued me (my mom's a teacher who emphasized in Washington State History, I can't really help it), and SDC is definitely one of those places absolutely steeped in it.

I have already begun using my pass that I got for this year. Hope to see you all out there!
I have a degree in physics and I do not think you understand the gravity of the situation.

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, and some memories.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 02:02:51 AM »
Welcome from a fan and citizen of the City~
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, and some memories.
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 03:56:44 PM »
You'll love SDCfans.com, so keep coming back here for all things SDC related. Welcome!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"