Author Topic: L.A. Suess?  (Read 3385 times)

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
L.A. Suess?
« on: July 25, 2008, 11:56:39 PM »
We recently returned from a trip that included passing through Hannibal.  After we rode the riverboat in town, I was reading information online later that night.  I read about an entertainer named L.A. Suess who lists SDC as a previous engagement.  Earlier that afternoon, we saw him holding his banjo on Main Street, but at the time we didn't realize his history, so we didn't stop to talk to him (we were in our car at the time).  What exactly did he do at the city?  Just curious. . .

sdcforever

Re: L.A. Suess?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 10:15:14 AM »
I think he was just a performer at one of the festivals in years past.  I don't think he was ever a citizen at the park.

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 05:34:41 PM »
He did perform with the Cajun Connection and also Red Kneckers when they were in the Playhouse on the old riverboat set.  He didn't really fit in too well with their program, working better as a solo artist.  I kind of felt bad for him, because although he was a very nice fellow, they had the tendency to make fun of him.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 08:25:00 PM »
I remember seeing L.A.'s CDs in Hannibal, as well, and thinking he looked familiar.  Thanks for clearing it up.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 06:35:13 PM »
lThanks for the replies.  I had seen that show at the Riverfront Playhouse a few times.  I didn't remember him specifically, though.  By the way he was dressed at Hannibal, he could've stolled right back in to SDC and fit right in  :)

sdcforever

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 08:59:52 PM »
^I visited his website and saw his picture.  All he'd have to do is walk through the gates at SDC and he'd fit right in with the citizens! ;D