Author Topic: Interesting but Hazy  (Read 6019 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Interesting but Hazy
« on: March 19, 2014, 06:56:52 AM »
With a sick kid, I've been up much of the night so I googled themepark design and found this image on SDC expansion but you can't make much out of it and I'm sure it was just a pitch, but it was interesting none the less.

Can any of you make anything out? It can be found here
http://www.itec.com/More/MasterPlanningThemeParkDesign/tabid/1059/Default.aspx

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting but Hazy
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 04:12:06 PM »
Looks to me to be a concept proposal only, which could be a massive revamping of the lake area/back end of the park, or a proposal for the Grand Exposition. Other than those two GUESSES only, I'd have no idea. Maybe a revamped Celebration City? Maybe Swoosh can chime in on this one. 
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 05:25:49 PM »
You'd be surprised at the number of pitches the park receives from consultants such as these. Occasionally we stumble across them - remember the pitch to turn CC into an Busch Gardens type zoo/theme park?

This looks like it was an odd proposal though... You can make out the train tracks, which line up perfectly with the area between OR and PK. If I had to hazard a guess, I would say that this image is from a realllly old concept pitch from before Powderkeg was built. It looks like it might have been for the "adventure park" concept they were playing around with at one time.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 06:07:57 PM »
Not trying to make anything of it, just found it like I found that concept stuff for a suspended water shooting coaster that used Geyser Gulch as a background on Whitewater's old website that's since been revamped.

mickbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 01:33:58 AM »
i too just found so many designs

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 08:14:13 AM »
The link wont work for me.?

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 10:01:15 AM »
The link wont work for me.?

It seems gone now, it showed concept art that linked the Outlaw Run area to the GE area.

That silly post of mine today was me foolin' around with a  spam bot post. Shave nuked it. So, I'm inking mine.