Author Topic: SDC's 2013 Project  (Read 717900 times)

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #2115 on: January 21, 2014, 11:25:31 PM »
I guess what I am saying coming from a mechanical background. The problems just will not go away. You need to address them and correct them. Hopefully they are putting fixes in place or you will have another PK with constant problems.

I understand what you are saying Runner.  Then again, coming from a mechanical background you know that sometimes it takes a very long time to fix things, and some things never get fixed.  A good example. I had a 94 Trans Am (that is where the 94 in my name came from).

Anyway I put in 4 engines in that thing. First one I bought from a friend who wrecked his. Ran 15K crankshaft broke. 2nd one came from a yard. I rebuilt with a complete kit from Northern AP.  The oil pressure went to zero in 20K. 3rd came from a machine shop. oil pressure went to zero in 5K. 4th came from GM brand new crate engine. Oil pressure was at zero at startup. They blew it up before I ever got it. I trashed the car then.

I know what you are thinking. I had a bad oil pressure gauge-----NO All 4 gauges should have been good, then again at least 2 of those engines should have been.  -- Why did that car have oil pressure problems. (No external oil stuff except the filter of course), this was a STOCK car. I tried to avoid aftermarket anything on that car.

Some things might not ever be fixed like PK or the Boss
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #2116 on: August 09, 2014, 09:52:48 PM »
http://behindthethrills.com/2014/08/vote-for-the-great-american-coaster-for-national-roller-coaster-day-2014/

Outlaw Run easily tops the list, and PK coasts in at third place:

This probably says more about brand loyalty than the actual coasters.  Holiday World rounds out the other three of the top five.

Others of interest are far down the list (less than one percent):

Wild Eagle (Dollywood) = .86%
The Prowler (WoF) = .67%
Thunderhead (Dollywood) = .48%
American Thunder (SFStL) = .14%
Mystery Mine (Dollywood) = .1%
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2117 on: August 10, 2014, 05:13:00 PM »
^Behind the Thrills is a nice site, but I wouldn't put too much stock into it. Looks like the readership is definitely skewed to the middle of the country. Coaster polls are really annoying because any given person has such a limited set of experiences from which to base ratings off of. The only truly respected coaster poll is Mitch Hawker's poll, which takes into account each poller's personal experience down to when their last ride on a given coaster was. Here's 2013's results, where OR came in at #3, just under El Toro and T Express: http://www.ushsho.com/woodrollercoasterpollresults2013.htm

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #2118 on: August 10, 2014, 10:31:42 PM »
I don't follow any of these sites, but SDCs facebook page was recruiting votes, and I took a look at it.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #2119 on: September 01, 2014, 04:43:55 PM »
Outlaw Run was in the USA Today for the top ten roller coasters. The article says OR is a hybrid coaster that uses curved steel beams instead of traditional tracks and it also says OR only goes upside down twice.

Clanouper

• View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: November 06, 2014, 07:42:21 AM »
I still wonder if the new section of the park will 'dead end' like on Wildfire & Powder Keg, or if it will be connected to the backside of Lake Silver / Geyser Gulch.

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: November 06, 2014, 12:36:56 PM »
I am almost certain it will dead-end. Oh and this is the 2013 project thread....Fireman's Landing is over on the 2015 Project thread.
You have a great past just ahead of you.