Author Topic: Young Christian's Weekend - March 28th  (Read 3495 times)

shyronnc

• View Profile
Young Christian's Weekend - March 28th
« on: March 18, 2014, 09:17:44 AM »
We have begun planning our first SDC/Branson trip for the weekend of March 28th, and would like some feedback on what to expect as this will be our first time attending the Young Christian's Weekend concerts.

Friday night's concert begins at 8:30 - what time should we plan on arriving, and getting in line, to get fairly good seating.  We have about a 3 hour drive and I would like to check in before heading over to SDC.

And what does the attendance look like?  Any guesses?

So excited to kick off the season!!!  ;D

shay

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: Young Christian's Weekend - March 28th
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 10:56:34 AM »
It was very busy on YCW when I went. The lines for the shows started forming 3 hours before showtime and it was pretty much wall to wall people. I love kids, but you must consider that the youth greatly outnumbers the number of adult chaperones, so supervision is sometimes a little lax and it can get a little crazy. 

lindseytoni

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 11:16:14 AM »
I have a friend that is at the City this weekend and we apparently greatly underestimated the number of young Christians that would be attending. The last I heard was just about the traffic on the way there. I haven't heard anything about what it's actually like inside.

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 01:09:17 PM »
Does anyone know when they usually leave? We were planning on going tomorrow mid morning and I was hoping they would be heading out about the time we got there.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

shyronnc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 01:12:01 PM »
Beautiful day today at SDC. Very busy, but always fun.  Average wait time for the popular rides are up to 60 minutes+!  We did not make the concert last night - waited for 2 hours in the cold and rain- and they were late opening the gates due to the weather-and the cold won, but heard it was fantastic.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 04:00:08 PM »
The crowds are there all day during Young Heathens Weekend. Avoid this weekend like the plague.
SWOOSH

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 07:07:26 PM »
Today (Sunday) actually wasn't that bad. PK was broke down most or all of the day and OR had a wait time of 60-90 minutes but other than that the lines weren't too bad and the Youth groups weren't overwhelming.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett