Author Topic: Alabama Adventure/Birmingham  (Read 2437 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Alabama Adventure/Birmingham
« on: March 13, 2014, 08:23:07 PM »
this once water park/ amusement park closed the dry rides and went all water park.

Was bought by the side of Holliday World Koch family that lost the court battle on control of HW.
Plans to restore the SBNO woodie and add to the dry side and run it much like HW.

Reason I bring this up is that I 22 is nearly complete to Memphis, this would be a shorter drive than to Branson or Dollywood for the Memphis MSA area, closer than St. Louis even.

It will interesting to see what they do with the dry side, Think a kiddie coaster is part of the first order of business for them.

Seems they want multiple parks, wonder what others may interest them. 

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Alabama Adventure/Birmingham
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 08:50:34 PM »
Lake Winnie?
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 09:05:33 AM »
No, the one just outside Birmingham Alabama. Lake Winnie may as well be Chattanooga TN.

The Woodie is called Rampage. Been sitting there for a few years.

From the stuff on Facebook, he's putting in a wacky worm kiddie coaster and four other kiddie rides for this summer. Sounds like he called a rides makers and said "what's in stock." He's doing the free tubes, free parking, free sunscreen thing like HW but no free refills at this time.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 05:27:30 AM »
smh.  I was answering your last sentence.  I know fully well where Alabama Adventure is.
SWOOSH