Author Topic: Why not an opening festival?  (Read 7708 times)

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Why not an opening festival?
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2014, 12:25:26 PM »
I agree with Swoosh.   The only think I have ever thought was a little strange is that the Baseball cart selling bats is not open.  There are a lot of kids there at that time and I think they could sell a lot of bats. 
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2014, 09:04:25 PM »
Well I will still kindly disagree. I still think the whole park should open on opening day. I could certainly be wrong, but it seems like there are still plenty of adults in the city in the spring. I imagine they would like the shows and shops then, as well as summer.

I don't want a big squabble here. This is simply my opinion.

I do wish ,however,  if they are not going to open everything, that they would place a " large" sign  somewhere before the ticket booths explaining what will not be open. And describe the pricing policy. Then a " one day" ticket buyer can decide for themselves, what they want to do.

Just my opinion folks, right or wrong, the world won't end either way. I was just thinking of hospitality, that's all. Please don't be offended by my often dumb ideas.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2014, 09:39:47 AM »
Bottom line...if they thought they were going to make money, the concession, shop, or restaurant would be open. They keep some things closed until the bigger crowds come in, when they are guaranteed to make some scratch.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2014, 11:22:07 AM »
Junior. hit it dead on the "money".......

You can also check the website. it gives you the dates when restaurants/shops open for the season...

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2014, 06:49:00 PM »
Sorry all.
I am having an issue right now, and I think I intertwined the two.

I bought a no contract cell phone and I can't send/receive any texts. Package says it will,but it don't. Retailer blames manufacturer, manufacturer claims item was sold as is.
My package doesn't say that anywhere, nor did the retailer. In short though, I do have to buy "yet another" phone because neither party is going to make it good.

I was all caught up on how wrong it is to pay full price for a product, that is only 1\2 operational, and get no refund/replacement. (And not know you wasn't getting any refund/replacement).

I must say I was confusing that situation with paying full admission to a park that is only 1\2 operating. I just was confusing my wrong situation with this situation.

Again I truly ask for your forgiveness. I will try not to mistake situations again. Very Sorry y'all.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 06:52:29 PM by qwed94 »
Tim

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2014, 07:46:25 PM »
Glad you cleared that up, qwed!  Whew!  For a minute there we thought you were being critical of our beloved Silver Dollar City.  We should have known that a true SDCFan only agrees with the current policies and changes that management creates.  I hope you straightened out your glowing review on the CellPhoneFans forum, as well. ;)
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2014, 11:58:26 PM »
You got it Buff.
Its just kind of a shame that the cellphone was just a $70 cheapie.  Would give me a warm fuzzy feeling if it was a $600+ iPhone. That would be sweeeeeeet, to be taken on that kind of deal.

Its all good.  I havent replaced the phone yet. I dont talk on it much, and text even less (well text less on a phone that you can actually text).  I dont even know for sure if I will, but if I do it, wont be replaced with another Samsung product. (I mean with customer dealings like that-it will certainly be another Samsung. I will purchase everything I can from Best Buy also)  ;D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on track.  What do you all think of the value of the Ducks? (I havent been on or priced them for years).  Do they still offer a huge sheet of coupons with ticket purchase?
We used to ride them first, just to get the coupons. Now you can receive coupons anywhere in Branson (especially at motels). So Im guessing they dont do that anymore.

Tim

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2014, 12:32:15 PM »
Ride the ducks was half price (I think) with SDC season pass last year. Very good deal. I went twice. First just with the wife and then with the wife + 9 year old daughter.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2014, 07:58:07 AM »
we love the ducks, we don't ride them every year since it is the same.... but we do try to ride them every other year or so..... ALSO  make sure you don't forget the duck on taneycome (The Landing)..  it is a very informative ride through the School of Hard Knocks, and a short ride on Taneycomo..... I think I prefer the taney ride over the tablerock ride..... BUT like them both... you can learn from either one....