Author Topic: Where to go when it rains  (Read 3207 times)

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Where to go when it rains
« on: February 14, 2014, 10:32:52 PM »
Just curious, say you're at the City in the summer and a thundershower pops up where would you go to wait it out?  I used to always go to the bookstore to browse but since they closed that I'm looking for somewhere else.  Of course a show would probably be the best thing but that's not always possible for a pop-up shower. 
I'm Your Huckleberry

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Where to go when it rains
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 08:02:47 PM »
Duelist, Guess you answered your own question!

We was at the city 4 times in 13. Twice was rain/snow. The first time in spring when most shows were not really open yet.  We just bounced around-splashin in the rain, ducking in & out of stores, under awnings/bridges/ETC. Basically rain doesnt hamper us much (If we are expecting and dressed for it) ---- But yes a show is the best place to be in the rain. (for us)

Now you mentioned a pop-up shower. Well thats different. I guess in that case, you just try to take cover wherever you can.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 07:46:38 AM »
That's easy,,, anyplace with a roof!
 ;D

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 09:57:16 AM »
Well, the 1 time we went last year we just sat around where ever we were & enjoyed just being in The City. People watching, thinking & talking about ol' memories of trips past, & looking at the clouds to see when it was gunna clear up.  :D
Live life like it's the last day!

MoOzark

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • I raised the Dizzy Dogs from little pups.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 10:35:16 PM »
My best times at SDC have been in the rain. If its only raining for awhile, get under a porch, go dine in the mine, or tour the cave. If it rains all day, buy one of those yellow rain ponchos that say SDC on them. Then go ride the roller coasters in the rain. It's a blast  ;D. (However, they do shut down the rides if there is lighting or high winds). You will have the park to yourself and feel like they are running the whole place just for you  ;).

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 03:46:33 PM »
Visit with Keather and the Pickers in the Homestead cabin.