Author Topic: Services, products you'd like to see at SDC  (Read 16935 times)

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Services, products you'd like to see at SDC
« on: January 15, 2014, 02:48:12 PM »
I know they have the flash drives for pictures that you can purchase when you leave, and then bring back to the park, but what if they had a better photo package right when you entered the park. For example:
1. Purchase a flash drive at the entrance for $50 bucks and they give you a wristband identifier for the day.
2. All on ride photos, cave pictures, saloon pics, etc. that are taken that day are free to download just show your wristband to the photo booth.
3. traveling photographers throughout the City that will take "party pics" of wristband groups and you can download all the pictures to the flash drive at the end of the day.
Basically a easy way to get "professional" photos of your family throughout the day.
4. Maybe have some other "photo spots" throughout the park that could be used by the service or just people wanting to take pictures (kind of like the old Kodak Picture Spots you could find in parks).

I know some people get pretty annoyed with the picture people, but if it was a "service" you could purchase to get more than just one or two photos, I think it could be a good thing.

So what are some other services you would like to see expanded, added.......or maybe even removed.

Jay

ithai

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
Re: Services, products you'd like to see at SDC
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 03:44:43 PM »
I enjoyed this type of thing when I was at disney world. They also had this type of service to some extent at Dollywood. It would be nice for guests and it would be a good revenue stream for sdc. In disney world you could pay 150 dollars and get as many pictures as you wanted on dvd and the pass was good for a certain amount of time. You could go up to any of the photographers and photo spots and get your picture takes. The nice thing at disney was that these photographers would take pictures with your cameras too. Some of the images we got were amazing at WDW. They were set up in places where the picture would be really cool even without special effects. One of the most memorable was where it looked like you were holding up the ball at Epcot.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 04:14:27 PM »
I'd love to see Rube's book project for sale at SDC. I'd love to have my book project(s) for sale at SDC. Ozarks history, folklore, tales, and so on. Rube, how you coming on that project?
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 07:01:32 PM »
I know some people hate the wait time board at OR, but I honestly really like it and would like it to be expanded to all of the major rides.  I would also like information boards scattered around the park that have the wait times for rides as well as when the next show time is for the different shows.  I think this would be a great help especially to new park patrons -- but at the same time it would make my life easier when I *get* to play tour guide.  You can find similar signs at USH, WDW, USOrlando and a few others.
SWOOSH

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 08:06:43 PM »
Mine is still kicking! I concentrated on my artwork this past year for an upcoming hopeful project.

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 08:25:03 PM »
A behind the scenes tour.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 11:52:07 PM »
A behind the scenes tour.

There isn't really all that much behind the scenes that you'd WANT to see though. 
SWOOSH

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 10:31:16 AM »
A phone app that displays wait time for the attractions. Similar to the one DW has.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 12:51:55 PM »
wait time is availabale on the SDC app for TNT, OR, Train..  maybe FITH??

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 03:19:48 PM »
Well I will try to stay in an 1800s theme.  I have mentioned some things about SF is better  and some worse.

I really like Swooshs idea of the "INFO" boards.  SF has TV sets at every que line. They are a que lines best friend, however they are NOT in the 1800s theme -- SOOOO.
-- how bout loud speakers (an intranet or in house) >sort of radio system throughout the park, including que lines, that would give  different information - like ride times, park history, show times. With today's computers, this info can be area specific and/or park wide info.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 05:23:24 PM »
Well I will try to stay in an 1800s theme.  I have mentioned some things about SF is better  and some worse.

I really like Swooshs idea of the "INFO" boards.  SF has TV sets at every que line. They are a que lines best friend, however they are NOT in the 1800s theme -- SOOOO.
-- how bout loud speakers (an intranet or in house) >sort of radio system throughout the park, including que lines, that would give  different information - like ride times, park history, show times. With today's computers, this info can be area specific and/or park wide info.

I don't think I want to hear anything through a loud speaker throughout the day.  I don't even like the canned music they play.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 06:13:22 PM »
I guess I just don't care about the theme when it comes to the info boards.  They are something that is needed.  If nothing else, use a flat screen and make it period specific with the theme of the display.  Like I said, I don't care about the theme with regards to this.  It needs to be done and done yesterday.
SWOOSH

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 06:57:38 PM »
Gilligan, (First off-sorry about the sad news of  "The Proffessor")  anyway. I agree, I dont much like the things that come from most loud speakers.
-I like Swooshs idea of TV moniters throughout the park giving specific info. -- however it seems everytime I mention something modern (even if it is needed) I get a huge backlash because it is not period specific. That is why I mentioned a "radio style" info system. (Simply because of the time correct theme).
-I do think the park needs some monitors. We need to have certain info at hand.

1-show times
2-wait times - (shows and rides). Approx. Update at certain time frames like every 15/30 min
3-give HISTORY about that specific area of the park
4-give generic history stories (SDC, Marvel Cave, maybe any HFE property, maybe Branson in general)
5-give locations of where patrons may find the closest restrooms, merchants, food/drink items or where in the park they can find certain types of food. Or certain items to purchase like hats, toys, ETC.

I know some of these things are like DUH!  But there are still some people that are (wait for it)
----visiting SDC for the very first time. I know first timers would like info streams like these.

I still like the TV monitors in long que lines
I like the "flash card/thumb drive" idea for pics (mentioned above).
I still like the picture ID season pass too -- but thats in another post
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 09:10:04 PM »
I like discovering things for myself.  An app with this information would be fine, but I really don't want to hear announcements of any kind - unless it's an emergency.  Perhaps someone could temporarily subscribe to text alerts for their visits - alerts to short lines and the like.

I'm OK with wait times.  They're already shown on needed rides.  As long as they are updated, why go digital?  Sorry, Q, but part of the magic of SDC is the mock-reality of the theme.  What do we need TV monitors for?  I don't want to see commercials for other parts of the park played over and over while I'm enjoying the queue.

Interactive queues, however, seem to be on the rise at Disney.  I would definitely encourage something like that!
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2014, 10:11:17 PM »
Fine.  If you don't want to go digital with the information signs, then do the information / wait signs like they do at Disneyland.  Those are manual so you will have to have someone manning them, which is man power -- but that'll "keep with the theme"
SWOOSH