Author Topic: What benefits would you lke to see included with the Season Pass..  (Read 9631 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: What benefits would you lke to see included with the Season Pass..
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2014, 07:26:25 PM »
You mentioned another benefit that addresses this thread:  actual benefits at other HFE properties.  It would be nice to get into Dollywood and other locations with my pass.  That would definitely be another incentive.

Yup, like the Six Flags passes, get into other HFE theme parks free. Only thing those Six Flags don't cover are the stand alone waterparks. I noticed that if you had bought your six flags passes and you got four or more they upgraded you to the better pass and gave you free parking as well. Along with that and the food season passes and now the monthly membership thing. They are getting pretty innovative on that front.

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2014, 07:34:12 PM »
Guaranteed delivery of each issue of the Times.

And my thoughts on the photo ID season pass. I like it. If the MO DMV can make a drivers license I see no reason my SDC can't do basically the same thing. As for the long waits, yes, maybe at first, but once they cycle through the initial run of pass holders for the year(those that bought before the season started) I think it would be negligible. As for taking the picture, why couldn't they do it at the ticket counter? Stand against the wall and take your pic. I don't see why that would require a whole new building.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2014, 08:30:00 PM »
Does anyone know:  on a day when 10,000 people are in the park, how many of them are SP holders?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2014, 09:43:06 PM »
You get in for 1/2 price at other HFEC properties, FWIW
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2014, 11:44:07 AM »
As prices for food have increased, I have been more and more discouraged to buy it.  A deeper discount might make me spend my money on more food in the City.
I agree on the food discount, I also feel the quality and consistency of the food need some help. 

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2014, 01:34:41 PM »
Guaranteed delivery of each issue of the Times.

I'll second that Larsonsix!  I only received one issue last year!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2014, 05:44:24 PM »
You get in for 1/2 price at other HFEC properties, FWIW

Which sounds good till you see the SF deal.

With the discount, I'm still paying over 100 dollars for a family of 4 plus parking isn't free at Dollywood.

Super

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2014, 08:02:13 PM »
A day SDC opens early for SDC season pass holders only

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2014, 08:59:08 PM »
A day SDC opens early for SDC season pass holders only

Super --- SP appreciation days --- June 2-6, 2014.   --- Exclusive ride times 8:30 AM to 9:30 AM just for 2014 SP holders.

I dont think "SUPER" knew this, and thats OK. Thats why he asked.  I think this should be extended to include 1 Saturday and 1 Sunday though.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2014, 07:10:09 AM »
Back a few years ago my Dollywood Gold Pass also got me into SDC and Whitewater for free with half price admission to Celebration City.  That was a great deal as we spent a lot of time in both Branson and Pigeon Forge.  HFE did away with those benefits though and cut it to half price admission at SDC and WW.  The Gold Pass does get you free parking and 20% off food and merchandise at DW which helps.  Dollywood uses photo passes and they don't take too long to get.  Remember, you get the photo pass once and use that same one until it wears out. You simply renew your pass over the phone or internet and they just reactivate it.  So really the cost of the photo pass doesn't seem too bad when someone renews their pass for several years.  Renewal moves quickly because they already have all your info. SDC needs to go to the photo pass.   

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2014, 10:57:45 AM »
I would like to see the appreciations days to run for 9 or 10 days, spanning over 2 weekends. :).

As far as photo-id?....  I also wondered why it could not be reused from year to year.?? With a bar code on a heavy plastic laminated card..  would be easy.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2014, 03:37:13 PM »
When I look at the current benefits, we actually used none of them last year with the exception of BAF passes. I think they throw a lot of  those in knowing most people will never use them therefore it cost the company very little money. At one time Dollywood was free , but that was several years ago and we all know you make no money giving things away.
Ducks, Dixie stampede , showboat, been there done that so those do not entice me at all. We are not purchasing season passes this year, but some things that might be nice.

Season pass-holder lounge with a few perks.
A certain number of preferred seating's a year at shows.
do not eat food on park, but food discounts seem to be popular with everyone.
Less restrictions on BAF passes. These are slowly being restricted more and more.
Pick a number, say 6 passes a year to bypass the lines on any attraction. Maybe combine these with the show option above.

I for one do not want to stand in line for a photo pass and the time it takes to process it. It goes through the shredder at the end of the year anyway.

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2014, 04:41:11 PM »
Remember folks...you can always copy your drivers license and laminate it to the back of your SP.  I did it for the entire family last year and it worked like a charm.

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2014, 06:13:22 PM »
I'm just wondering where to draw the line here. I do use most of the perks that come with the pass, especially the BAF's and now that Compton Ridge is closed I'm guessing we will be using the discount at The Wilderness a lot more. But I'm going to play devil's advocate for a minute and ask just exactly how much more do we need? We are after all getting unlimited visits to the park for the price of about 2 one day tickets. I'm afraid if they started piling more and more "perks" on that the price of the passes would start to become unjustifiable for some. Perhaps I will start a new thread entitled "how many or what perks can they take away before you would quit buying season passes"  ;D
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2014, 01:11:59 AM »
Well remember, most of the perks is discounts to "other" places. Not just HFE properties. These perks are not necessarily "costing" SDC anything.  These are all basically advertising for these other businesses.

I didnt really use the BAFS this year, but they should be offered with every single season pass!! -- Not there were a number of discounts (perks) at other places like Golden Corral. We used several of those perks in 13.  I would not STOP buying passes without these other places offerring discounts. But it sure does make me WANT to buy a pass even more.

Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream