Author Topic: What benefits would you lke to see included with the Season Pass..  (Read 9716 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Thought i would start this, since we are starting to get sidetracked on the other thread...

Additonal benefits?

How about a real discount to the Dixie Stampede.?  ie like they have on the Showboat?

How about a monthly payment system for those who would like to use it? say for 6 months?

What else?...........

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: What benefits would you lke to see included with the Season Pass..
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 07:32:55 PM »
How about a photo pass so one does not have to present a photo ID?  I think they could even offer these for an upcharge.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 09:20:10 PM »
A better discount for food....20% maybe.

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 09:24:16 PM »
^As prices for food have increased, I have been more and more discouraged to buy it.  A deeper discount might make me spend my money on more food in the City.

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 01:33:44 AM »
How about a photo pass so one does not have to present a photo ID?  I think they could even offer these for an upcharge.

Why an upcharge for a photo ID pass?  That is the very department I worked in at SFSL.
They have a room full of computers. You buy a pass, the receipt has a "unique bar code". Go to season pass processing. Scan the bar code on your receipt, enter the personal info (about 1-2 minutes). Proceed to the camera, hand them your receipt.  They scan the bar code, your info pops up, they take the picture, hand you the pass, your off and runnin.  The whole thing takes 2-3 minutes. From camera to exit takes all of about 45 seconds. --- very cheap blank plastics, a very cheap and simple printer, simple ink cartridge.

Great Idea!!!!

Benefits SHOULD include huge discounts to ALL 26 HFE properties. (Including the basketball boys from the NE) --- how about discounts to repeat pass buyers --- Of course, big (or bigger) discounts to ANYTHING purchased inside the city (food, tshirts, ETC)

Options (at an upcharge) to a season pass SHOULD include. Food pass, Tube pass, Front Of The Line pass, Show Pass, Preferred parking pass. AND an "exchange" program to any business that wants to share. Like-a SP for (lets say Presleys) will earn a 10% discount to SDC admission, in turn a SDC pass will earn you a 10% discount to Presleys

I do understand "some" of these ideas are already in place, Im just saying they ALL need to happen. (or continue as it may be).
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 02:49:18 AM »
Maybe have the food discount on ALL food items,   sayy  over 5 bucks, instead of just entree items

Hollwood

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 07:36:57 AM »

Why an upcharge for a photo ID pass?  That is the very department I worked in at SFSL.
They have a room full of computers. You buy a pass, the receipt has a "unique bar code". Go to season pass processing. Scan the bar code on your receipt, enter the personal info (about 1-2 minutes). Proceed to the camera, hand them your receipt.  They scan the bar code, your info pops up, they take the picture, hand you the pass, your off and runnin.  The whole thing takes 2-3 minutes. From camera to exit takes all of about 45 seconds. --- very cheap blank plastics, a very cheap and simple printer, simple ink cartridge.
[/quote]

Don't mind me as I destroy this...

SFSL... first strike  ;D

Room full of computers... What room would this be at Silver Dollar City? All of your Ticket POS are outside venues, with the exception of GR, and that will only hold 4 Employees on the biggest of days.

Buy a pass, get a barcode, then enter the info, then get a picture... A one step operation just turned into four.  ???

2-3 min... yes, per person, that is PRESENT! What about grandma who buys for her family of 15? She has to stand in line to purchase, then they have to stand in line to get "Processed." I know tens of thousands of people who will not like that. (2013 BAF, example A-Z) these were FREE tickets that people had to wait 20-30 min to redeem, and you expect them to take a picture after buying them online or over the phone? HA!

Cheap Backs... $33 for 100 Count. Mind you, you said cheep so the quality will be crap... And you can expect a higher replacement fee when you break it (and you will break it) also, you can bet SDC will want a logo on the back, so $33 turns onto $50... Just saying. http://www.idcardgroup.com/pvc/magicard/m3610-065

Cheap Printer... You will want one that prints color I assume. I found this one on the same site, and the description fits what Silver Dollar City would need. $3,200 (each). Oh yeah, don't forget about upkeep which would include cleaning strips to keep the printer heads from striping the pictures. http://www.idcardgroup.com/printers/fargo/fargodtc4500printer

Cheap Ink... First off, who wants cheap ink on their $100 Season Pass? And again, replacement fee... Ink is an amazing $65 for 250 prints! http://www.idcardgroup.com/ribbons/fargocolor

You forgot cheap Camera... Silver Dollar City is know for its quality, but if you want a modern, cheep camera (not in Ms. Mary's time?) then you are looking at $36.99 (trust me, you do NOT want this camera, but it is cheap) http://www.idcardgroup.com/cameras

So when I do the math and add a new building of substantial size, and 1880's theme ($50-$75,000 on the low end for the construction... We still have not discussed location), Software upgrade from OMNI (it ain't cheep), Cards (50,000 Pass Holders? Might be high...), Printers (I say at least 10), Ink (remember 250 images each), and Cameras (10 plus extras for when they stop working) you are looking at a $250,000 investment, higher Season Pass prices, Longer wait times (especially for those who purchase online and over the phone) and more labor on Silver Dollar City's end. Still want picture I.D.'s?

« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 07:42:53 AM by Hollywood »

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 10:07:34 AM »
How about buy one get 3 free?  ;D
I'm Your Huckleberry

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 11:28:24 AM »
I didn't say I would pay for an upcharge (I despise upcharges.), any more than I pay for preferred parking or a Show Lovers Pass, but I think there is a way for this to be accomplished.  As for a building, perhaps it would take  a little remodeling, but some of the office space could be used and redistributed, or the side section of the Marketplace could be utilized (The Marketplace is not themed anyway.  It's outside the ticket booth and the "exit".).  I hate dragging out my license to get into the place, and my wife does not carry her purse to the park, so I have to put hers in my wallet.  Another option is to initiate a fingerprint system like Disney, but I predict that would add a huge cost, which could only be offset by getting people in the park quicker and keeping them happier by not having to wait in the bottleneck for as long.

Flimsy?  How about the cheap paper passes that we get now?  It certainly doesn't look like a high-quality product worth what we pay for it.  I know I'm paying for the service, but it would be nice to have something that could double as a keepsake.

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 11:34:26 AM »
I like the idea of a reward for consecutive-year season passes.  We have had season passes for many years, only missing one year.  In the same way SDC awards citizens for their years of service, this could be accomplished on the season pass with something special - a silver pass for 25 years, let's say, which provides free Show Lovers and preferred parking services, along with a special entry line that skirts the entry lines.  Names could also be acknowledged on a sign discreetly placed within the park.  Some people might even be encouraged to keep buying passes for another year or two with the incentives offered.  Yes, I could see this as reality.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2014, 12:05:36 PM »
I like the idea of a reward for consecutive-year season passes.  We have had season passes for many years, only missing one year.  In the same way SDC awards citizens for their years of service, this could be accomplished on the season pass with something special - a silver pass for 25 years, let's say, which provides free Show Lovers and preferred parking services, along with a special entry line that skirts the entry lines.  Names could also be acknowledged on a sign discreetly placed within the park.  Some people might even be encouraged to keep buying passes for another year or two with the incentives offered.  Yes, I could see this as reality.

YES!  And a discount for the second, third pass.  Maybe a "family" pass. 

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2014, 04:23:57 PM »
Hollywood. I do understand what you are trying to say, but you really do not have a clue. Remember I said "I worked in that department".

No you dont use color print Simple black & white is fine.  
the plastics are very similar to credit card plastics (which rarely break)  I have ripped the paper (chipboard) cards that SDC uses though.  I dont think I even seen 1 SF pass break.

the heads would get cleaned every morning before open. Takes a minute. lasts all day.
the cartridges would last a lot more than 250 cards. If memory serves right  (from 2010) I think each printer used 3 or 4 cartridges the entire year.

The camera is a basic webcam that you can buy anywhere. We even used the software that came with the webcam.
and you paint the wall of the building a light drab color, for a backdrop.

As  far as the wait for a family of 38,000 old people and 83,000,000 kids at 2-3 minutes a person.   Well is that any different than a 2 hour wait for OR?   In other words, season pass processing is no different than any other line. There are times that they are slow and no wait time. (not trying to be critical, just-a line is a line and can not be helped)  BTW you can order your SF pass online or by phone.  IF you have a pass for one year, and order by phone/online next years pass. they can use last years info and photo, and mail the complete passes directly to your home. SO no wait time. Im not sure what you meant about the BAFS, but the BAFS are just a paper pass with a barcode.  The friend stands in the ticket taker line with the passholder the taker scans both barcodes, and both enter the park. (That is no different than SDC). A daily ticket works the same. You buy a ticket. you get a reciept, The taker scans the reciept, you enter the park. Same as SDC.

A picture ID is a wonderful thing in case of an emergency. We actually had to use the picture ID of a guest once when he got hurt on a ride. A picture pass, is also nice at ticket takers. You no longer need to fumble for your license and pass, just your picture pass is good for entry.

Now HOLLYWOOD---you did bring up one valid point.   What building can the city use to do this?   That is a great question. In which I do not have an answer, but SDC has the room (should they decide to implement this)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 04:37:24 PM by qwed94 »
Tim

Hollwood

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2014, 04:41:56 PM »
Your points are valid, but on the business side it will drive up Season Pass Costs.

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2014, 05:01:47 PM »
Hollywood, maybe you are right, but a SF pass cost no more than an SDC pass  $82 at SDC (not including tax)
SF pass is $81.99 (not including tax) for the first 3 passes. Buy 4 or more passes at SF and pay only $71.99 each (not including tax)
Plus you can use your SF pass to get in all 13 Sf parks free.
SDC passes wont even get you in White Water free not to mention Dollywood or the other 24 properties. HFE owns.

OF COURSE---parking is free at SDC. not at SF parks.

Im not saying SF is a better choice. SDC blows any SF park out of the water. But not because of pricing, because SDC is way up there now.  --- Im just saying a true regular pass/ID card SHOULD not raise the price at all, of course I agree with you Hollywood. It WILL for sure. There is no reason it will, but it will. (I understand the first year startup costs, after the first year, the costs should not be more than the expensive chip cards they use now).  Working in a printing company I can assure you that plastic stock (in this example) costs no more - and even less - than chip paper. Paper costs a fortune these days

I doubt they will ever do this, I dont care either way. I just know that I love "MY SDC" but working part time at SFSL, I do prefer some of the SF ways too. And the SF pass system is really better IMO.  thats all Im sayin here.
Tim

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2014, 06:18:19 PM »
You mentioned another benefit that addresses this thread:  actual benefits at other HFE properties.  It would be nice to get into Dollywood and other locations with my pass.  That would definitely be another incentive.