Author Topic: SDC 4th of July  (Read 2689 times)

psychosaw13

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
    • Destination:Deserted
SDC 4th of July
« on: January 02, 2014, 09:43:43 PM »
Does SDC usually throw a fireworks celebration on the 4th? I've never been during these dates. I figure they would since it's a celebrate America theme this year.
I ain't got no pants no more! The Dang Baldknobbers stole'em!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: SDC 4th of July
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 05:05:35 AM »
Maybe a few fireworks, but that's about it. This 2014 season may be different. The park is gearing up to be all patriotic, red, white, and blue this year. As it has been explained to me about certain events in years past when there is not a big budget for something new, it must have high impact at minimal cost. They have several things they have polled guests about, and we will see what will happen. Be looking for promotional material due out in a few weeks and that will give you better clues. Plus, our very own Swoosh and a few insiders...citizens...may be able to tell us a bit more. I only know a very little bit about what's new for '14.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 06:45:57 AM »
with thfourth being on a friday, they could easily make a 3 day eekend special out of it. But have not seen any announcements about a 3 day "event"..  I ould have thoughtit would be announced by now, IF it was going to happen..

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 12:27:12 AM »
Sandune- NAW---not yet. You will see Valentines day "eat up" our extra cash first. Then 4th of July. Then Christmas starting the 5th of July.

No for real now. I havent seen any ADs about SDC yet. But I bet you are right. "IF" they are going to do a 3-day special, we will see ADs fairly soon.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

psychosaw13

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
    • Destination:Deserted
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 06:40:14 PM »
OK thanks Y'all I got season passes for Christmas & was just trying to plan my summer  :)
I ain't got no pants no more! The Dang Baldknobbers stole'em!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 10:55:17 AM »
They usually have fireworks around the 4th of July.  I'm not sure they are on the exact day, but close.  There is a thread on here somewhere about it, because I was reading about being shot off behind the amphitheater and how crowded it's been in past years.  Anyone coming for the 4th will have opportunities to see fireworks in several places- Landing, Chateau, Hollister, Kim City, Big Cedar, SDC, etc.  They're interspersed over a few days so you can see more than one display.